Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that whole documentary is hilarious. Keith gets so pissed but doesn't really say anything because its freaking Chuck Berry. There's one scene during the show where Chuck asks to change the key halfway through the song and Keef shuts him down
    Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
      View Post

It's always fun to watch overrated musicians act like Gods and fumble through simple blues songs. haha

Overrated?!
      Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

View Post

It's always fun to watch overrated musicians act like Gods and fumble through simple blues songs. haha

Overrated?!
        Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Two rock'n'roll legends being babies.
          i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

Two rock'n'roll legends being babies.
            i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

What happened in the end was that Chuck had his amp on the stage set up the way he preferred, but Keith hid another amp (which he set to his liking) under the stage. This amp is the one you hear in the concert video.
              My avatar is Lars, no one has PM'd me.

Pedal store (for EU dudes especially):
              http://www.custom-sounds.com

Music:
              http://www.myspace.com/internationalspacecenter

Comment

What happened in the end was that Chuck had his amp on the stage set up the way he preferred, but Keith hid another amp (which he set to his liking) under the stage. This amp is the one you hear in the concert video.
                My avatar is Lars, no one has PM'd me.

Pedal store (for EU dudes especially):
                http://www.custom-sounds.com

Music:
                http://www.myspace.com/internationalspacecenter

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                  View Post

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?

It was filmed in 1986. The concert was to celebrate Chuck's 60th birthday.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                    View Post

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?

It was filmed in 1986. The concert was to celebrate Chuck's 60th birthday.

Comment

View Post

Thank you for that special report from Uptightistan. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
                      Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                      Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

View Post

Thank you for that special report from Uptightistan. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
                        Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                        Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

Keith's and Chuck's contributions to Rock music are some of the most important and enduring. Are they the most technical? No. Do they both have big egos? Certainly. The clip is hilarious, regardless. And Chuck is perhaps the only one who could correct Keith in this manner. His song, his licks.

Comment

Keith's and Chuck's contributions to Rock music are some of the most important and enduring. Are they the most technical? No. Do they both have big egos? Certainly. The clip is hilarious, regardless. And Chuck is perhaps the only one who could correct Keith in this manner. His song, his licks.

Comment

View Post

Simple...was also my view on this.

Comment

View Post

Simple...was also my view on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X