Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the way Chuck showed Keef how to do the 'slur'. He got it on the third attempt, and then still ****************ed it up on when they went back in! That's Keef for you.
    My band:

http://lightbulbmomentband.com/

Follow me on twitter

Comment

I liked the way Chuck showed Keef how to do the 'slur'. He got it on the third attempt, and then still ****************ed it up on when they went back in! That's Keef for you.
      My band:

http://lightbulbmomentband.com/

Follow me on twitter

Comment

[QUOTE=GAS Man;47373687I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

[/QUOTE]

As a (former) CPA, I resemble that remark.
        You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

[QUOTE=GAS Man;47373687I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

[/QUOTE]

As a (former) CPA, I resemble that remark.
          You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Loved it then, love it now.
            Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Loved it then, love it now.
              Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

It's always fun to watch overrated musicians act like Gods and fumble through simple blues songs. haha

Comment

It's always fun to watch overrated musicians act like Gods and fumble through simple blues songs. haha

Comment

My favorite part is at around the 5 minute mark of the video were Chuck takes over playing the licks he basically invented so much better than Keef...
                    Guitars = Chick Magnet
                    Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
                    You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
                    Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

My favorite part is at around the 5 minute mark of the video were Chuck takes over playing the licks he basically invented so much better than Keef...
                      Guitars = Chick Magnet
                      Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
                      You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
                      Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

I was the drummer in one of those bands in the early 80s. Yeah there's a bit of pressure the first night because it's him, but you are playing songs you've already played a hundred times in your life and heard thousands of times. So you go on automatic, and keep your eyes on him to follow the cues.... keeping in mind that no one is there to see you, they are there to see the legend.

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                        View Post

I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

I was the drummer in one of those bands in the early 80s. Yeah there's a bit of pressure the first night because it's him, but you are playing songs you've already played a hundred times in your life and heard thousands of times. So you go on automatic, and keep your eyes on him to follow the cues.... keeping in mind that no one is there to see you, they are there to see the legend.

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                          View Post

I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

I don't blame Chuck one bit. I get really pissy when someone phucks with my gear.

Comment

I don't blame Chuck one bit. I get really pissy when someone phucks with my gear.

Comment

that whole documentary is hilarious. Keith gets so pissed but doesn't really say anything because its freaking Chuck Berry. There's one scene during the show where Chuck asks to change the key halfway through the song and Keef shuts him down
                                Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Working...
                                X