Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgtoM2RwQY
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care.&quot; The Contrast</div>

NEWS HEADLINE: "Rock star is an a-hole."

Stop the presses!!!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer</div>

Comment

NEWS HEADLINE: "Rock star is an a-hole."

Stop the presses!!!
      <div class="signaturecontainer">You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer</div>

Comment

That was funny. Once they stopped bickering and started jamming, it sounded great.
        Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

That was funny. Once they stopped bickering and started jamming, it sounded great.
          Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

Ha! I remember watching that years ago. I thought Chuck was being a douche then. But upon viewing it now I think both Keef and the director might have been being a little too anal. Chuck wants to sound like Chuck. No biggie. Sounds fine to me.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,<br />
            Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18<br />
            <br />
            Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet</font></div>

Comment

Ha! I remember watching that years ago. I thought Chuck was being a douche then. But upon viewing it now I think both Keef and the director might have been being a little too anal. Chuck wants to sound like Chuck. No biggie. Sounds fine to me.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,<br />
              Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18<br />
              <br />
              Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet</font></div>

Comment

it sounded fine because Keef went over and turned it down-again. I like how Keef doesnt back down, he just gives Chuck the crazy eyes.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

it sounded fine because Keef went over and turned it down-again. I like how Keef doesnt back down, he just gives Chuck the crazy eyes.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

CB never took his own amp on his gigs. Just got on the plane with his guitar and played the amp at the gig.

Read it in his book.
                    **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

CB never took his own amp on his gigs. Just got on the plane with his guitar and played the amp at the gig.

Read it in his book.
                      **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin
                        View Post

Ha! I remember watching that years ago.

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?
                        A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                        HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                        Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                        I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin
                          View Post

Ha! I remember watching that years ago.

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Virgman
                            View Post

Read it in his book.

I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Virgman
                              View Post

Read it in his book.

I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me

Comment

Working...
                              X