X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the pick threads lately...

I wanted to share a pick that I just discovered and really like: Dunlop Herco Gold Flex 50s.

I had mainly been using Tortex 50s (red) or grey Dunlop nylon 60s for acoustic and Tortex 60s (orange) for electric, but these may be my new go-to for both.

The sound virtually identical to the red Tortex but I feel less string resistance on the edge and the grip / tactile feel is definitely much better.

I found these among items under the Herco name while shopping for a case humidifier. From what I can tell these are an old brand that Dunlop added as a sub-line. They also make a .75mm if you prefer a little thicker

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    <b><u>My Gear</u></b><br />
    Schecter Corsair<br />
    TelePartsCaster x3 <br />
    Dano Convertible<br />
    <br />
    Taylor 114<br />
    Gretsch Americana<br />
    <br />
    Vox Pathfinder 15R <br />
    Vox VT15<br />
    Fender SCXD<br />
    Yamaha THR5<br />
    <br />
    <b><u>For Sale:</u></b><br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2974008-Seagull-acoustic-Gibson-electric-and-3-Duncan-pickups" target="_blank">Duncan Pickups</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2959286-BG-Pups-Tele-Rockwind-set" target="_blank">BG Pups Tele Set</a><br />
    <br />
    <b><u>Looking For:</u></b><br />
    Vox AC4C1 amp<br />
    Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)<br />
    </font></div>

That's the pick I've been using for 20 years (although I've moved more towards the silver Flex 75s the past several years.)

I still use various other picks, and change up now and then, but these are my mainstays.

They never break or split, at least none of mine ever has.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

That's the pick I've been using for 20 years (although I've moved more towards the silver Flex 75s the past several years.)

I still use various other picks, and change up now and then, but these are my mainstays.

They never break or split, at least none of mine ever has.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

I've been a fan of nylon picks from early on.

I have an older Flex 75 that I bought in the '80s and it's different than the newer ones. It's light gray and stiffer.

Jimmy Page uses the Flex 75s I've read.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">~ Fear is your only god ~</div>

Comment

I've been a fan of nylon picks from early on.

I have an older Flex 75 that I bought in the '80s and it's different than the newer ones. It's light gray and stiffer.

Jimmy Page uses the Flex 75s I've read.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">~ Fear is your only god ~</div>

Comment

I just discovered the awesomeness of the Dunlop Gels. I dig the heavies (red).
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
            PRS SE One<br />
            --<br />
            EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
            Blackstar HT-5<br />
            </font></div>

Comment

I just discovered the awesomeness of the Dunlop Gels. I dig the heavies (red).
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
              PRS SE One<br />
              --<br />
              EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
              Blackstar HT-5<br />
              </font></div>

Comment

thats the jimmy page pick!

I wanna try these

http://elderly.com/brand/PYRAMID.html
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

thats the jimmy page pick!

I wanna try these

http://elderly.com/brand/PYRAMID.html
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

doesn't the edge use herco?
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Improve your guitar playing for as little as 99cents - <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ashleyjsaunders.com">www.ashleyjsaunders.com</a></div><br><br>** 6 New books for 2013!! **

Comment

No, Edge uses Blue Herdim

Comment

Working...
                      X