Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

With all the pick threads lately...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the pick threads lately...

I wanted to share a pick that I just discovered and really like: Dunlop Herco Gold Flex 50s.

I had mainly been using Tortex 50s (red) or grey Dunlop nylon 60s for acoustic and Tortex 60s (orange) for electric, but these may be my new go-to for both.

The sound virtually identical to the red Tortex but I feel less string resistance on the edge and the grip / tactile feel is definitely much better.

I found these among items under the Herco name while shopping for a case humidifier. From what I can tell these are an old brand that Dunlop added as a sub-line. They also make a .75mm if you prefer a little thicker

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    <b><u>My Gear</u></b><br />
    Schecter Corsair<br />
    TelePartsCaster x3 <br />
    Dano Convertible<br />
    <br />
    Taylor 114<br />
    Gretsch Americana<br />
    <br />
    Vox Pathfinder 15R <br />
    Vox VT15<br />
    Fender SCXD<br />
    Yamaha THR5<br />
    <br />
    <b><u>For Sale:</u></b><br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2974008-Seagull-acoustic-Gibson-electric-and-3-Duncan-pickups" target="_blank">Duncan Pickups</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2959286-BG-Pups-Tele-Rockwind-set" target="_blank">BG Pups Tele Set</a><br />
    <br />
    <b><u>Looking For:</u></b><br />
    Vox AC4C1 amp<br />
    Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)<br />
    </font></div>

That's the pick I've been using for 20 years (although I've moved more towards the silver Flex 75s the past several years.)

I still use various other picks, and change up now and then, but these are my mainstays.

They never break or split, at least none of mine ever has.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

That's the pick I've been using for 20 years (although I've moved more towards the silver Flex 75s the past several years.)

I still use various other picks, and change up now and then, but these are my mainstays.

They never break or split, at least none of mine ever has.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkred"><font size="3"><i>I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.</i> -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)</font></font></div>

Comment

I've been a fan of nylon picks from early on.

I have an older Flex 75 that I bought in the '80s and it's different than the newer ones. It's light gray and stiffer.

Jimmy Page uses the Flex 75s I've read.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">~ Fear is your only god ~</div>

Comment

I've been a fan of nylon picks from early on.

I have an older Flex 75 that I bought in the '80s and it's different than the newer ones. It's light gray and stiffer.

Jimmy Page uses the Flex 75s I've read.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">~ Fear is your only god ~</div>

Comment

I just discovered the awesomeness of the Dunlop Gels. I dig the heavies (red).
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
            PRS SE One<br />
            --<br />
            EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
            Blackstar HT-5<br />
            </font></div>

Comment

I just discovered the awesomeness of the Dunlop Gels. I dig the heavies (red).
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
              PRS SE One<br />
              --<br />
              EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
              Blackstar HT-5<br />
              </font></div>

Comment

thats the jimmy page pick!

I wanna try these

http://elderly.com/brand/PYRAMID.html
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

thats the jimmy page pick!

I wanna try these

http://elderly.com/brand/PYRAMID.html
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                  <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

doesn't the edge use herco?
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Improve your guitar playing for as little as 99cents - <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ashleyjsaunders.com">www.ashleyjsaunders.com</a></div><br><br>** 6 New books for 2013!! **

Comment

No, Edge uses Blue Herdim

Comment

Working...
                      X