Fender American Special Strat

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender American Special Strat

Hey HCEGers,

I've got GAS For one of these. Anyone have one/played one?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

Thanks,

Naughty Cyborg
    “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

I have the candy apple red one.. I LOVE it!!!

Looks, plays, and sounds like a dream!

Im not totally crazy about the big '70s headstock ... but.it doesn't bother me at all.
    "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans..."
    - John Lennon
    Videos of me playing guitar!

My original music

Stupid, meaningless HC clubs I'm a PROUD member of:
    Epiphone Empire
    F-Holes (Semi-Hollow and Hollowbody owners)
    Marshall Circle of Tone
    SG ARMY

Comment

I have the candy apple red one.. I LOVE it!!!

Looks, plays, and sounds like a dream!

Im not totally crazy about the big '70s headstock ... but.it doesn't bother me at all.
      "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans..."
      - John Lennon
      Videos of me playing guitar!

My original music

Stupid, meaningless HC clubs I'm a PROUD member of:
      Epiphone Empire
      F-Holes (Semi-Hollow and Hollowbody owners)
      Marshall Circle of Tone
      SG ARMY

Comment

Not quite the same, but my American special tele is awesome. I'd imagine the strats are too!

Comment

Not quite the same, but my American special tele is awesome. I'd imagine the strats are too!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87
                View Post

same here.... if it's as good as my American Special Tele then it will be a keeper
                Member of the SG Army

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87
                  View Post

same here.... if it's as good as my American Special Tele then it will be a keeper
                  Member of the SG Army

Comment

They are nice strats. I love the 70's headstock.

Fwiw, in that price ballpark you will find the mim classic player series, which are also very nice guitars.
                    --
                    Wagdog
                    Check out Lunar Commander on:
                    iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                    iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                    - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Fwiw, in that price ballpark you will find the mim classic player series, which are also very nice guitars.
                      --
                      Wagdog
                      Check out Lunar Commander on:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

American Specials are awesome, but if you have a Sam Ash store anywhere close to you, you can get select American Standards for $799, including the HSC. They are also selling Road Worn Strats for $599 including HSC.
                        This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

American Specials are awesome, but if you have a Sam Ash store anywhere close to you, you can get select American Standards for $799, including the HSC. They are also selling Road Worn Strats for $599 including HSC.
                          This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                            View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but I want that extra fret! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                            View Post

Thanks, but I'm in Europe. I already have a decent MiM model with Texas Specials in it, and it is quite ok, but I want either the Honey Burst, or the Natural Ash model. And the 22nd fret.
                            “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                              View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but I want that extra fret! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                              View Post

Thanks, but I'm in Europe. I already have a decent MiM model with Texas Specials in it, and it is quite ok, but I want either the Honey Burst, or the Natural Ash model. And the 22nd fret.

Comment

Working...
                              X