one big happy family photo...

joecool1963

• Members

Do you have a favorite of the bunch? Sometimes I think I'd like to have a few of the same type of guitar (probably also the LP) then I go back and play my tele, or JM or SG and realize I like the diversity, especially on a somewhat limited budget. Otherwise I'd probably have 4-5 of each style, lol. Nice collection though. I like the red one a lot.

• Members

Do you have a favorite of the bunch? Sometimes I think I'd like to have a few of the same type of guitar (probably also the LP) then I go back and play my tele, or JM or SG and realize I like the diversity, especially on a somewhat limited budget. Otherwise I'd probably have 4-5 of each style, lol. Nice collection though. I like the red one a lot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

The plaintop 58 is definitely the king of the hill. They really are tone wise very differnent. The ice tea flame top has custom wound Peter green pickups and I do use it out of phase. The gold top and its mini buckers has its own voice and cuts through the mix. The latest, the red one, is stock with the exception of the pots and caps the bumblebees make a big difference. The 58 has custom pickups wound like Duane's dark burst and they are one off custom pickups. The neck pickup sings like an angel. Favorite finish.....toss p between he ice tea and the red.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

The plaintop 58 is definitely the king of the hill. They really are tone wise very differnent. The ice tea flame top has custom wound Peter green pickups and I do use it out of phase. The gold top and its mini buckers has its own voice and cuts through the mix. The latest, the red one, is stock with the exception of the pots and caps the bumblebees make a big difference. The 58 has custom pickups wound like Duane's dark burst and they are one off custom pickups. The neck pickup sings like an angel. Favorite finish.....toss p between he ice tea and the red.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963 View Post

Nice. Here's a pic of a plaintop I used to own, pretty good guitar too...

IMG_0264.jpg

And it's an Epiphone smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963 View Post

Nice. Here's a pic of a plaintop I used to own, pretty good guitar too...

IMG_0264.jpg

And it's an Epiphone smile.gif

Archived