Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Anderson vs. Suhr: Let's start the year with a debate!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfirst
    View Post

they seem to have no soul or vibe to them.

I don't find that about Suhr but I know what you mean because I found that PRS seems that way to me. It's an intangible that we can't explain as humans I suppose.
    President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
    Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey
      View Post

I don't find that about Suhr but I know what you mean because I found that PRS seems that way to me. It's an intangible that we can't explain as humans I suppose.

I've found that with modern PRS guitars too, i've had a few older PRS CE's that just screamed, but had a new Mira that had no mojo at all. Maybe i've just got used to the feel and guts that my Vanquish has!
      Vanquish Mystique Custom
      Marshall JCM900 4100ri
      Marshall 1960a
      Ibanez TS9
      Ibanez AD9
      Korg Pitchblack
      Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

View Post

I've found that with modern PRS guitars too, i've had a few older PRS CE's that just screamed, but had a new Mira that had no mojo at all. Maybe i've just got used to the feel and guts that my Vanquish has!
        Vanquish Mystique Custom
        Marshall JCM900 4100ri
        Marshall 1960a
        Ibanez TS9
        Ibanez AD9
        Korg Pitchblack
        Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

View Post

My opinion is that once people attain a level of skill like Anderson and Suhr it is all about your personal preference and not about difference in quality.

I knew about Anderson long before I knew about Suhr but I think Suhr's reputation has spread to the masses. Marketing? Word of mouth? Both?

I agree - there isn't a bad choice between them.

Comment

View Post

My opinion is that once people attain a level of skill like Anderson and Suhr it is all about your personal preference and not about difference in quality.

I knew about Anderson long before I knew about Suhr but I think Suhr's reputation has spread to the masses. Marketing? Word of mouth? Both?

I agree - there isn't a bad choice between them.

Comment

They're both great guitars, I prefer the Suhr..just a feel thing..here's a quick vid with my S4 I did this morning..just warming up wankage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAqRFWcKS68
              Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
              http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
              http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

They're both great guitars, I prefer the Suhr..just a feel thing..here's a quick vid with my S4 I did this morning..just warming up wankage

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

I've always wanted a Suhr. Anderson's don't appeal to me but I'd give one a go. I don't think I deserve either yet. I plan on buying a very nice guitar within the next few years but honestly, I don't think I could really use it to its full potential.
                  dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

I've always wanted a Suhr. Anderson's don't appeal to me but I'd give one a go. I don't think I deserve either yet. I plan on buying a very nice guitar within the next few years but honestly, I don't think I could really use it to its full potential.
                    dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mosiddiqi
                      View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAqRFWcKS68

Nice!
                      Happy days so far with: Kayzer, Snufkino, matchpoint, SG1

Comment

Practically "one and the same" if you ask me.

The both worked for Rudy's Music and with "Schecter Guitar Research".

I think the original USA Schecter, Pensa, Suhr and Anderson all have a very similar look and design to their instruments.

Maybe some subtle differences.

But, for the most part, since they all worked together at one point, I think they share a very similar design philosophy.

On some models I swear the headstock logos are interchangeable.

Anyways, if you're into boutique instruments, I think these are some of the top guys to look into.

Not my flavor. But, I won't deny they make some beautiful instruments.
                        www.heddatheband.com

Comment

Suhr and Anderson are both trying to capture what Fender has had since 1954.. Personally, I'll take a good Fender over either of them, all day long.
                          Signature...

Comment

I wouldn't mind having either one . I do have a Suhr bass and it's fantastic , it has stainless frets and a perfect slim neck . It's the only Jazz bass I ever fell in love with the second I picked it up.
                            "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
                            Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hate to bring logic into a thread, but at that price point it's less about straight-up quality and more about whose vision of the instrument you think is better. I've played instruments from both makers and I love them both. Sad, ain't it?
                              Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

Suhr for me, but I own one. Picked it over a lot of good guitars at Make N Music in Chicago, including Anderson.
                                Miter Gauge - Still, it might be cool to change your name to Suckvalve®

Drakkar Tyrannus - Lol..n***as be out here shootin f****t ass dogs and ****************...

Comment

Working...
                                X