Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Anderson vs. Suhr: Let's start the year with a debate!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchtime
    View Post

Carvin

I like the way you think.

Between the two though, who knows. I've only played one Anderson but I recall it being not just on par with the Suhrs I've played but very similar in feel.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchtime
      View Post

Carvin

Between the two though, who knows. I've only played one Anderson but I recall it being not just on par with the Suhrs I've played but very similar in feel.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by rock-lobster
        View Post

This x 3 = Carvin

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/instocka.../boltplus.html

Mesa Boogie MK III
        Marshall DSL 50
        JCA 20H
        ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
        Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
        Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
        Fender HM Strat
        Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by rock-lobster
          View Post

This x 3 = Carvin

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/instocka.../boltplus.html

Mesa Boogie MK III
          Marshall DSL 50
          JCA 20H
          ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
          Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
          Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
          Fender HM Strat
          Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

They are very nice guitars but for the prices both of them charge you could get high end Japanese guitars that will embarrass them in my opinion.

Comment

They are very nice guitars but for the prices both of them charge you could get high end Japanese guitars that will embarrass them in my opinion.

Comment

Tough one. I prefer the more understated looks of most of the Suhrs, but I also think it's ridiculous that their Standard Series guitars don't come with a hardcase. It's an
                Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
                ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Tough one. I prefer the more understated looks of most of the Suhrs, but I also think it's ridiculous that their Standard Series guitars don't come with a hardcase. It's an
                  Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
                  ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Don't you know this is HCEG? The title should read Tom Anderson vs. Suhr vs. Squier: Let's start the year with a debate!

Seriously though, I've only played 1 used Anderson ever. None of the shops I've been to around here carry that kind of gear. I'd probably have to drive up to Chicago.
                    ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Don't you know this is HCEG? The title should read Tom Anderson vs. Suhr vs. Squier: Let's start the year with a debate!

Seriously though, I've only played 1 used Anderson ever. None of the shops I've been to around here carry that kind of gear. I'd probably have to drive up to Chicago.
                      ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                      Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

My opinion is that once people attain a level of skill like Anderson and Suhr it is all about your personal preference and not about difference in quality.

I knew about Anderson long before I knew about Suhr but I think Suhr's reputation has spread to the masses. Marketing? Word of mouth? Both?
                        President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
                        Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

My opinion is that once people attain a level of skill like Anderson and Suhr it is all about your personal preference and not about difference in quality.

I knew about Anderson long before I knew about Suhr but I think Suhr's reputation has spread to the masses. Marketing? Word of mouth? Both?

Comment

I recently took a trip to a big guitar shop in London, tried a whole heap of Suhrs and wasnt blown away at all. They're impeccably built and sound great but they seem to have no soul or vibe to them. I tried a good few and i really wanted to like them but at that sort of price i want something that i bond with straight away.

Love Andersons though, every one of them i've tried has been stunning, great build, they just feel like more of a players guitar than the Suhrs.
                            Vanquish Mystique Custom
                            Marshall JCM900 4100ri
                            Marshall 1960a
                            Ibanez TS9
                            Ibanez AD9
                            Korg Pitchblack
                            Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

I recently took a trip to a big guitar shop in London, tried a whole heap of Suhrs and wasnt blown away at all. They're impeccably built and sound great but they seem to have no soul or vibe to them. I tried a good few and i really wanted to like them but at that sort of price i want something that i bond with straight away.

Love Andersons though, every one of them i've tried has been stunning, great build, they just feel like more of a players guitar than the Suhrs.
                              Vanquish Mystique Custom
                              Marshall JCM900 4100ri
                              Marshall 1960a
                              Ibanez TS9
                              Ibanez AD9
                              Korg Pitchblack
                              Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfirst
                                View Post

they seem to have no soul or vibe to them.

I don't find that about Suhr but I know what you mean because I found that PRS seems that way to me. It's an intangible that we can't explain as humans I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X