Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

I just "discovered"......Mike Bloomfield.......WOW !!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just "discovered"......Mike Bloomfield.......WOW !!!!!

Basically......America's answer to Eric Clapton.

How come this cat doesn't get MORE respect ?

Comments....
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !&quot;<br />
    &quot;The Mighty Telecaster: The &quot;Polygraph&quot; Of Electric Guitars!&quot;</div>

Good day for you. Lotsa great stuff there! He was one of thee guitarists young-plugged in folkses wanted to be back in 66-67 or so.

Comment

Good day for you. Lotsa great stuff there! He was one of thee guitarists young-plugged in folkses wanted to be back in 66-67 or so.

Comment

Bloomfield is awesome! I love the Paul Butterfield Blues Band's first album and "East-West". Also "Super Sessions" with Al Kooper and his Electric Flag stuff. I dig his solo stuff too like "Between A Hard Place And The Ground".

I think the problem is he died in 1981 after a long decline when blues-rock was at a low point. He didn't get a chance to have a resurgence like Clapton did.

Killer player though.

Comment

Bloomfield is awesome! I love the Paul Butterfield Blues Band's first album and "East-West". Also "Super Sessions" with Al Kooper and his Electric Flag stuff. I dig his solo stuff too like "Between A Hard Place And The Ground".

I think the problem is he died in 1981 after a long decline when blues-rock was at a low point. He didn't get a chance to have a resurgence like Clapton did.

Killer player though.

Comment

DAMN, THAT CAT IS KILLER !!!
            <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !&quot;<br />
            &quot;The Mighty Telecaster: The &quot;Polygraph&quot; Of Electric Guitars!&quot;</div>

Comment

DAMN, THAT CAT IS KILLER !!!

Comment

He does not get much respect anymore because like the legendary Tommy Bolin...HE OD'ed and is long dead. It is kind of hard to garner respect when you're deceased and not making anymore music and therefore only fading into the background as time goes on.

Comment

He does not get much respect anymore because like the legendary Tommy Bolin...HE OD'ed and is long dead. It is kind of hard to garner respect when you're deceased and not making anymore music and therefore only fading into the background as time goes on.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koaguilds
                    View Post

He does not get much respect anymore becuase like the legendary Tommy Bolin...HE OD'ED and is long dead!!!! It is kind of hard to garner respect when you're dead and not making anymore music.

Hendrix.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://commonsensemets.tumblr.com" target="_blank">The Common Sense Mets Fan</a><br />
                    <br />
                    <i>There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that &quot;my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.&quot; - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)</i></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koaguilds
                      View Post

He does not get much respect anymore becuase like the legendary Tommy Bolin...HE OD'ED and is long dead!!!! It is kind of hard to garner respect when you're dead and not making anymore music.

Hendrix.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://commonsensemets.tumblr.com" target="_blank">The Common Sense Mets Fan</a><br />
                      <br />
                      <i>There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that &quot;my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.&quot; - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)</i></div>

Comment

Bloomfield was good but not that good.

He was one of the first young white blues players.

Johnny Winter was way better. In my opinion. Which is all that counts.
                        **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

Bloomfield was good but not that good.

He was one of the first young white blues players.

Johnny Winter was way better. In my opinion. Which is all that counts.
                          **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bernardo gui
                            View Post

Comments....

I used to listen to this song over and over and over.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMf-86Evro
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                            -For Sale: <br />
                            -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                            -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                            - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                            - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                            - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bernardo gui
                              View Post

Comments....

I used to listen to this song over and over and over.....

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                              -For Sale: <br />
                              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X