$89 metallic orange Squier Bullet

Larry the Dog

• Members

Is it current or vintage? My experience is that Bullets were solid during the 80s then plywoof from about 1990 through 2006 or 2007, then they went to a very light weight wood that doesn't seem to be ply.

Having said that, I've never seen a Bullet that color.

On a related note, I had a 1994 Korean Bullet that had a lightweight plywood body and it was one of the most resonant bodies I've ever owned. More than any MIM Standard I've owned and better than half the American bodies I've played.

• Members

Is it current or vintage? My experience is that Bullets were solid during the 80s then plywoof from about 1990 through 2006 or 2007, then they went to a very light weight wood that doesn't seem to be ply.

On a related note, I had a 1994 Korean Bullet that had a lightweight plywood body and it was one of the most resonant bodies I've ever owned. More than any MIM Standard I've owned and better than half the American bodies I've played.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

I have read many positive reviews of the plywood-bodied Squiers.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

I have read many positive reviews of the plywood-bodied Squiers.

• Members

I have owned several plywood guitars that were quite resonant and better-than-decent instruments. I got no beef with ply. I think the hardware and electronics play a bigger role in electric instruments and the wood thing, while a factor, is overstated.

That Bullet natural refinish in the pics above looks tasty!

• Members

I have owned several plywood guitars that were quite resonant and better-than-decent instruments. I got no beef with ply. I think the hardware and electronics play a bigger role in electric instruments and the wood thing, while a factor, is overstated.

That Bullet natural refinish in the pics above looks tasty!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by cratz2 View Post

i just got an n.o.s. 90's plywood, swimming pool route, full size bullet, made in china, with the bulletseries semicircle logo on the headstock. great neck. great lively tone. had some pickups i was thinking about swapping in but... the notch positions are just great. also, paint has faded very nicley from arctic white to an off white. lotta geetar for 50 bucks!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by cratz2 View Post

i just got an n.o.s. 90's plywood, swimming pool route, full size bullet, made in china, with the bulletseries semicircle logo on the headstock. great neck. great lively tone. had some pickups i was thinking about swapping in but... the notch positions are just great. also, paint has faded very nicley from arctic white to an off white. lotta geetar for 50 bucks!

Archived