Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm On Billy Joe's Side. How About You?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was with him until he smashed a perfectly good guitar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_diKw9F6t3U
    > .

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kulardenu
      View Post

I was with him until he smashed a perfectly good guitar...

Love that song!
      You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Billie Joe should thank God that he is actually signed to a record label.
        i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

He wasted his minute.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker
            View Post

They have sales of over 65 million , labels should thank god they are with them.

This is also a case of no one reading the whole article.

A source tells E!, "Billy was backstage laughing and the fans loved it. A very rock 'n' roll moment."
            HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
            http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
            QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
            Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Special J
              View Post

Publicity stunt. He's played enough of these festivals to know exactly how it goes.

Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by hardtdc
                View Post

Finally, someone gets it! What kind of band is Greenday? Punkrock. And punkrock typically goes against the establishment. That's exactly what he was doing.......... Sticking it to the man!

I thought it was par for the course.

His set got cut short, the crowd wasn't really into them, he destroyed his own equipt., I think the man stuck it to him. Bret Michaels called him too and wants his eye liner back.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker
                  View Post

Why is that? Labels only sign to make money. They don't do favors.

He and his band are hugely popular artists...who continue to make music that is commercial, even in their geezerdom.

I think they are one of the most impressive examples of staying power. That we are talking about them now, 24 years later, proves this.

And the same members! You gotta be a decent kinda guy to have your mates stick with you for that long.

They get my respect, in spades.
                  Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

It would have been more badass to just keep playing their set and force them off the stage rather than go "WAH WAH they cut our time, time's up" and walk offstage.

Comment

He really didn't sound pissed to me. IMO it sounded more like he took a 1 minute opportunity and turned it into a lot of press coverage for the price of a $1500 guitar. Not a bad move actually.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedCarrot
                        View Post

He really didn't sound pissed to me. IMO it sounded more like he took a 1 minute opportunity and turned it into a lot of press coverage for the price of a $1500 guitar. Not a bad move actually.

So he's out a guitar AND he looks like a dumbass in the press? Sounds like a lose-lose scenario to me.
                        Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

I have to side with the Biebs.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                            View Post

He's playing a stupid music festival, opening for USHER.

The heck does he expect?

Exactly. If you sign up for an event like this, you roll with it.His (apparently overblown) ego was bruised. Get over yourself.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160
                              View Post

As long as they didn't cut your check in half, who cares? All the money for half the work sounds like a good deal to me. What a douche.

The Grateful Dead played a 3+ hour show at my college in the early '70s, and ignored all signals to stop. Finally, an electrician cut the mains breaker. The band picked up their acoustic instruments, sat on the edge of the stage, and played another hour. The moral of the story is that the Dead were more punk rock than Green Day.

Celine Dion is more punk rock than Green Day.
                              The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

As much as I despise Usher, Rhianna and Justin Bieber and all the other "singers" that they dump into the R&B genre because they don't fit anywhere else, I despise Green Day even more.

Billy Jo's "schtick" (righteous indignation) is very tiresome. He is the opening act playing to a crowd who could care less about him.

Did Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney throw a **************** fit when the plug was pulled on them in London?
                                "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

Working...
                                X