Did MF and GC look these over when blowing out Gibsons?...

NinjaModder

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one in satin yellow-very hard to beat at that price. The BM board adds a little sparkle or snap to the sound, and the thin body contributes to the overall brightness compared to a LP junior, PRS SE Soapbar, etc, but those aren't necessarily bad things...just things to consider.

I doubt you'll be disappointed if you decide to pull the trigger...

• Members

I have one in satin yellow-very hard to beat at that price. The BM board adds a little sparkle or snap to the sound, and the thin body contributes to the overall brightness compared to a LP junior, PRS SE Soapbar, etc, but those aren't necessarily bad things...just things to consider.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post

I've found the PRS SE to be pretty dull and subdued compared to the P90s I am used to.

• Members

I've found the PRS SE to be pretty dull and subdued compared to the P90s I am used to.

• Members

Thanks! I have been looking for an opinion on these. Nice to find someone who got one! I'm just looking for something to fill the p90 gap I have currently. I ordered a NR Firebird, but it will probably come with baked maple unlike rosewood like I was promised. And for what I paid for it, if I want BM, I would rather go cheap. Though, these Melody Maker pickguards with p90s still look odd to me. I'm torn between the yellow or getting the black along with some cream covers.

• Members

Thanks! I have been looking for an opinion on these. Nice to find someone who got one! I'm just looking for something to fill the p90 gap I have currently. I ordered a NR Firebird, but it will probably come with baked maple unlike rosewood like I was promised. And for what I paid for it, if I want BM, I would rather go cheap. Though, these Melody Maker pickguards with p90s still look odd to me. I'm torn between the yellow or getting the black along with some cream covers.

• Members

Do pay attention to those comments though. I own one too, and I like it, but it hasn't become near my number one so far, but then again, I have too many guitars around. But I do like mine and I paid $610 for it frown.gif before the Sam Ash blow out. I'm happy to have it in the collection, but it is a bit toppy.

• Members

Do pay attention to those comments though. I own one too, and I like it, but it hasn't become near my number one so far, but then again, I have too many guitars around. But I do like mine and I paid $610 for it frown.gif before the Sam Ash blow out. I'm happy to have it in the collection, but it is a bit toppy.

• Members

I was waiting for GASman to chime inwave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by tlbonehead View Post
I'd say muddy, inarticulate and uninspiring. But sounds like we agreepoke.gif

• Members

I was waiting for GASman to chime inwave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by tlbonehead View Post
I'd say muddy, inarticulate and uninspiring. But sounds like we agreepoke.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son View Post
With the M123 123% PM guarantee, the price on these comes to $368. That's a pretty good deal, but if you can afford the extra $130, I'd just spring for the LP Junior Special with P90s. It's a LOT of guitar for $499!
Yeah... But they are all out of the yellow! And for me, I am just looking for something cheap with P90s to hold me over. The cheaper the better.

I'm contemplating trying to go to my GC and ask them to match M123... I did it with my firebird, but they had trouble getting it down a couple hundred bucks... I am sure they will have a heart attack if I ask them to cut the price almost in half.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son View Post
With the M123 123% PM guarantee, the price on these comes to $368. That's a pretty good deal, but if you can afford the extra $130, I'd just spring for the LP Junior Special with P90s. It's a LOT of guitar for $499!
Yeah... But they are all out of the yellow! And for me, I am just looking for something cheap with P90s to hold me over. The cheaper the better.

I'm contemplating trying to go to my GC and ask them to match M123... I did it with my firebird, but they had trouble getting it down a couple hundred bucks... I am sure they will have a heart attack if I ask them to cut the price almost in half.

• Members

I bought one and sent it back. Not because it sucked, but because I got the Les Paul 60's tribute for $100 more.

If you do the price match, it's a great deal. Actually a good deal at $429. You'll likely need to lower the nut slots and intonate the wrap around bridge.

But it sounds great, and is nice and light. If you have the extra franklin, the LP special is what I would do.

• Members

I bought one and sent it back. Not because it sucked, but because I got the Les Paul 60's tribute for $100 more.

If you do the price match, it's a great deal. Actually a good deal at $429. You'll likely need to lower the nut slots and intonate the wrap around bridge.

But it sounds great, and is nice and light. If you have the extra franklin, the LP special is what I would do.

• Members

I do think that when you are considering this guitar, just remember that it is a Melody Maker. It's a bit of a Melody Maker on steroids, but it's still essentially a Melody Maker. I wanted that, so I'm happy with that. But MMs do have their own basal signature tone. And their light feel also adds to some fun.

• Members

I do think that when you are considering this guitar, just remember that it is a Melody Maker. It's a bit of a Melody Maker on steroids, but it's still essentially a Melody Maker. I wanted that, so I'm happy with that. But MMs do have their own basal signature tone. And their light feel also adds to some fun.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Well my other guitar I was looking at prior to my Firebird was a 60s MM, so I think I would be happy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Well my other guitar I was looking at prior to my Firebird was a 60s MM, so I think I would be happy.

Archived