Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did MF and GC look these over when blowing out Gibsons?...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always call Sam Ash and ask them to match M123's discount promo...tell them you were about to buy one from M123 but would rather buy from them. I do it all the time with Zzounds...

Comment

You could always call Sam Ash and ask them to match M123's discount promo...tell them you were about to buy one from M123 but would rather buy from them. I do it all the time with Zzounds...

Comment

Comment

Comment

I bought one and sent it back. Not because it sucked, but because I got the Les Paul 60's tribute for $100 more.

If you do the price match, it's a great deal. Actually a good deal at $429. You'll likely need to lower the nut slots and intonate the wrap around bridge.

But it sounds great, and is nice and light. If you have the extra franklin, the LP special is what I would do.
            Amps: Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack, Crate Palomino V16, Silverface Vibro Champ, Silverface PR, Univox U45-B, Supro 6606

Guitars: 1970 Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top, 1998 Ace Frehley Les Paul, Gibson Q300,MIM Stratocaster, '99 PRS McCarty w/ Trem, Ibanez Roadstar II, Fernandes 7 string Sustainer, Fender Stratocaster with EMG Gilmours, and the list goes on

Effects: Digitech 11 Rack, Line 6 M13, HD500, Radial Tone Bone Plexitube, Boss Dimension C, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Danelectro CTO-1

Comment

I bought one and sent it back. Not because it sucked, but because I got the Les Paul 60's tribute for $100 more.

If you do the price match, it's a great deal. Actually a good deal at $429. You'll likely need to lower the nut slots and intonate the wrap around bridge.

But it sounds great, and is nice and light. If you have the extra franklin, the LP special is what I would do.
              Amps: Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack, Crate Palomino V16, Silverface Vibro Champ, Silverface PR, Univox U45-B, Supro 6606

Guitars: 1970 Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top, 1998 Ace Frehley Les Paul, Gibson Q300,MIM Stratocaster, '99 PRS McCarty w/ Trem, Ibanez Roadstar II, Fernandes 7 string Sustainer, Fender Stratocaster with EMG Gilmours, and the list goes on

Effects: Digitech 11 Rack, Line 6 M13, HD500, Radial Tone Bone Plexitube, Boss Dimension C, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Danelectro CTO-1

Comment

I do think that when you are considering this guitar, just remember that it is a Melody Maker. It's a bit of a Melody Maker on steroids, but it's still essentially a Melody Maker. I wanted that, so I'm happy with that. But MMs do have their own basal signature tone. And their light feel also adds to some fun.
                A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

I do think that when you are considering this guitar, just remember that it is a Melody Maker. It's a bit of a Melody Maker on steroids, but it's still essentially a Melody Maker. I wanted that, so I'm happy with that. But MMs do have their own basal signature tone. And their light feel also adds to some fun.
                  A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                  HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                  Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                  I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                    View Post

Well my other guitar I was looking at prior to my Firebird was a 60s MM, so I think I would be happy.
                    Guitars: Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen
                    Amps: Vox AC4, Vox AC15, Harmony H205, Silvertone 1430, Gibson G10

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                      View Post

Well my other guitar I was looking at prior to my Firebird was a 60s MM, so I think I would be happy.
                      Guitars: Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen
                      Amps: Vox AC4, Vox AC15, Harmony H205, Silvertone 1430, Gibson G10

Comment

M123 rejected my PM saying they don't PM "closeouts."

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had different results.
                        --------------------------------
                        www.VerneAndru.com

Comment

M123 rejected my PM saying they don't PM "closeouts."

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had different results.
                          --------------------------------
                          www.VerneAndru.com

Comment

I have two of those. One with HB's and one with P90's. No issues with either. I really think the low price is a pleasant gift due to the baked maple fiasco. I can't say it is an investment, but certainly a good deal.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                            My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

I have two of those. One with HB's and one with P90's. No issues with either. I really think the low price is a pleasant gift due to the baked maple fiasco. I can't say it is an investment, but certainly a good deal.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                              My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tlbonehead
                                View Post

I've found the PRS SE to be pretty dull and subdued compared to the P90s I am used to.

"Polite" the way I'd put it. Swapped in Gibson P90s and it's a beast.

That said, if you like a thinner body and brighter sound, this MM w/P90s should fit the bill nicely.
                                Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

Working...
                                X