Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

335-Style Love (All Makes/Models/Variants)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the guitar I started with:

Comment

• HCGB trooper #187
      A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Patuney
        View Post

It's the guitar I started with:

Mmm, Guild-y! Izzat a master vol pot on the lower horn? Did the model come like that, or was that a special order or later mod?

Visit Crash Pad at:
        http://CrashPadBand.com
        CONSUME!:
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
        Gear List/Pics:
        https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

• '81 Ibanez Artist AS200

Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

• Mine is a Hamer Echotone with Seth Lovers:

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

• Brian, that's a factory standard master volume on the Starfire six.

Comment

• SX GG6CUS, SX EG5, Agile AS-1000.
                SX SEG1STD,KY1 (CUS22,ASH22,STD24),STL50,SST (57,Ash,SE,LTD2),GG1LTD2,GG6CUS,GG7CUS,SJB75C4+1 (fretted,fretless),SJB (2-57,2-62),SPJ62,2-SB301 (fretted,fretless)
                Douglas Shadow,WRL590,TL100,WOB826,WPB955,2-WPB980
                Brice Z6 (fretted,fretless)
                Agile AL2000 (minihum,prail),AL2500 (Albino,12) ,AL3000 (reg,neck-thru)
                Squier Affinity Tele,Deluxe Jazz V
                Oscar Schmidt OE40
                Raven RP450,Yamaha BB404,Switch Signature Wild IV
                First Act VE591,semi-hollow; PRS SE (Custom, Soapbar II,semi-hollow)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by STRANDMAN1
                  View Post

I've been a huge fan of the Japanese made 335's since I bought this one back in 83.

IBANEZ ARTIST AM 205

I bought this one last year and I have to say that the new Japanese made 335's are every bit as good as the vintage ones.

YAMAHA SA 2200

God himself made that first Ibanez. The beauty of it is stunning.
                  Gear1996 Strat deluxe, Schecter TSH-1, Squire standard Strat, Dearmond M65-C, Blues JR, Crate VC20, Bugera V5. Vox Time Machine, Keeley mod DS1, Wampler Euphoria, Vox wah.

Comment

• What's not to like with the P93?! Awesome!
                    Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

• This is not helping my GAS.

One stick of gear I've always wanted to own is a big-bodied semi-hollow (with Bigsby.)

Someday I hope to score something along the lines of a 335 or possibly a big Gretsch or something...

Yeah--I dug the P93s and played a few of 'em. I just never have any leisure cash.
                      I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                      -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

• Presently, I have the Vantage VSH-455, Epi Dot and Dot Studio, a sunburst Ibanez AS73 and am awaiting the cherry red gloss Dot Studio. In the past, I had a '69 Gibson ES-335 (sunburst) and a Bradley (Veneman Music house brand, made by Greco) set neck cherry red ES-335 copy, which was the best one of all, for me. The 335 style is one of my faves, and the first I owned (the Bradley) really turned me on to the style. As mentioned elsewhere, it really combines the best traits of solid and hollow bodies.
                        Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

• 335 RI and shimmer bar
                          Rules for a Happy Life:
                          Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                          I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                          doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                          Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

• bad photo of a really good guitar

Comment

• No pics but have a very long history with semi hollow double cuts... My current is an early 80's MIJ Yamaha AS 820.. A wonderful guitar, that is certainly better than the 335'sGibson was making during that time period..

Others I have owned and loved or hated ,with a brief description of the guitar...

1967 ES 335-Magnificent... Dead Mint.. Wish I still had it

1966 Trini Lopez -astounding.. In factory burgundy mist no less.. Wish I still had it..

Jay Turser JT 133..Sounded pretty good because I installed 2 PRS McCarty pickups... Played like crap, wouldn't intonate. A poor guitar..

Hamer Echotone.. A worse guitar than the Turser, and it sounded bad as well.. Truly terrible guitar...

Agile AS 820.. Looked nice, sounded awful, didn't play that well, heavy as hell.. Installed GFS Dream 90's, and it sounded even worse.. Just a dead sounding, heavy guitar with no sustain, and no resonance.. Bad guitar..

Univox 335 type... awful...

60's Guild Starfire !V.. Very nice guitar.. Not as good as a 335 from the era.. Frets were smaller, pickups not as good as what Gibson used in the 60's, but still a really nice semi..

1967 Ric 335... Great guitar if you like hard to play narrow necks with tiny frets, and twangy single coils...

1966 Ric 365... Great Ric that sounded MUCH better than the Ric 335.. Played better too... I really miss it...

1966 Fender Coronado... Very cool guitar with a cool sound, but would feed back uncontrollably at stage volume due to the full hollow body... Nowhere near the guitar a 335 was...

1978 Fender Starcaster.. As good a sounding guitar as I have ever had in my life... All the body, resonance,growl and sustain of a great 335, full of complex harmonics at ALL volume levels, yet still had that incredible "Twang" of a great 60's tele..

I have no idea how Fender pulled it off, but that was an astoundingly good axe, and I am so sorry i sold it... Theres a reason you pay a fortune for them these days.. Those old 70's Fender humbuckers were some of the very best humbuckers ever

made .

Epiphone MIJ Elitist 335.. A wonderful guitar that sounded and played the way a good 335 should.. Better than the Gibson 335 during those years IMHO..

Also had many 12 string Semis..

Ric 360/12- Great is all I can say..

Ric 370/12-Not as great as the 360, but still good

Ric 330/12-Good, but didn't have the sound of the others

60's Guild Starfire 12.. an amazing good 12 string semi.. Great sound, and the best intonation and action of any electric 12 I have ever owned.. I miss it a lot...

Eastwood Classic 12.. This is a copy of a Gretsch Country Gent 12 string.. MIC.. A nice enough guitar I guess, but still had that heavy body with no resonance, and generic sounding pickups that so many Asian guitars today have..

60's Hagstrom Viking 12.. A very cool semi thats rare in the extreme... Not a great sounding 12, but not bad, but didn't play as well as some others..

The majority of these semi hollow guitars have come and gone in the last 10 or so years.. I loved them all except for the real clunkers- [Agile/ Hamer Echotone/Turser/Univox], and some of them I miss terribly and wish I still had them..

[Starcaster/ 67 ES 335/ Trini/Ric 365/Ric 360-12/Guild Starfire 12]

I LOVE a good semi hollow double cutaway, regardless of who makes it... I guess the key word here is GOOD... Some just aren't... bob

R
                              "If I wished for America's failure,I would have voted for Obama".-mauser

I am thrilled that you "kinda like me".. So do most dogs, and they eat **************** and bark at the moon-SPONGEBOB

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49
                                View Post

335 RI and shimmer bar

never heard it called that

will now reference as such
                                So many guitars, so little time

Comment

Working...
                                X