I want to personally thank Musician's Friend for their excellent service...

nohjy

• Members

and a great Christmas. Their PM program this year allowed many of us to buy items we would not have otherwise been able to afford. Furthermore, they lived up to their promise to honor their pricematching program even when I know it was a major loss to the company. This has been the best experience I have ever had with an internet retailer. I also wanted to thank Chris Baker from MF for his personal attention to the Harmony Central population and for putting up with a lot of BS in the process. You are a class act Mr. Baker and a credit to MF! In my professional life, I am an executive of a financial company and I would kill to have employees as dedicated as you are to your customers.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

John

• Members

Didn't you mean Music 123?

And yeah, Chris Baker helped out when responses were coming slow. THANKS -again.

But I ended up biting on at least 2 deals (bought 2 of one item and 4 of another) that had to have been money losers for M123 (but we're not talking big bucks here), so I was surprised they honored the deals - KUDOs!

But I have given the M123/MF conglomerate A LOT of money over the years (we're talking in the 5 digits here) so I don't mind getting a little something back. Used to be I had a nice bank of rewards credits with M123 but they seemed too dificult to retrieve after MF bought them out.

But yeah, although it was slow sometimes, the PM system did get me a couple very good deals, but on one of them, they are out of stock (that color), so I guess I shouldn't be counting the chicks yet.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

If MF actually had excellent service no one in this thread would know who Chris Baker is...

when I was in contact with him, he answered several questions I had about some items I eventually purchased. He was very helpful and knowledgeable

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Buttcrust

View Post

when I was in contact with him, he answered several questions I had about some items I eventually purchased. He was very helpful and knowledgeable

My point is that if MF actually provided 'excellent service', none of us would have had to involve Chris in any of the problems that occurred. The fact that their service is so bad required him to get involved in the first place.

• Members

View Post

My point is that if MF actually provided 'excellent service', none of us would have had to involve Chris in any of the problems that occurred. The fact that their service is so bad required him to get involved in the first place.

I'm still waiting (in my mind now i guess) on a PM about a GRETA for 90$ that wouldn't go in my cart at midnight on Black Friday, so your platitudes amuse me. We shouldn't know who Chris is, but good work brah.

/I prob didn't need that amp anyways. Pretty sure I like the bug era v5 I got for 80 better.

• Members

View Post

IMHO, I don't think it was Customer Service at fault -- Marketing, and probably Legal, were behind the Price Match fiasco. Chris and his team got were batting clean-up for their mess.

Nevertheless, I am extremely grateful for the MF 150% price match guarantee this holiday season. It got me into some gear I would otherwise not be able to afford.

Sure, they could've all communicated better and got on the same page regarding what was and was not price match material, but closer to the end I think they were doing very well and for the most part were on the same page.

• Members

Chris Baker just yesterday cleared up the questions I had as to what gift cards were for what items I ordered. Only then was I able to determine if I received all of the gift cards and for the correct amounts. Concerning the confusing nature of the gift card price matching program, it seemed the customers as a whole were pleased as I know that I am. Thanks Chris and thanks MF/M123

• Members

Thanks guys, it's been my pleasure to help, and sorry again for all the confusion. You're always welcome to reach out to me or my team for help, now or down the road.

View Post

With the size of our organization, there are always going to be mistakes, and there will always be room to improve. While it would be great if everything always went smoothly, I get a lot of pleasure out of being here to help where we may have dropped the ball. I feel confident that overall most customers do get excellent service from us, but we're always going to work on improving as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai

View Post

I'm still waiting (in my mind now i guess) on a PM about a GRETA for 90$ that wouldn't go in my cart at midnight on Black Friday, so your platitudes amuse me. We shouldn't know who Chris is, but good work brah.

/I prob didn't need that amp anyways. Pretty sure I like the bug era v5 I got for 80 better.

If you need any further help, feel free to reach out to me at forums@musiciansfriend.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!

View Post

i'm still waiting for my $87 SuperEgo. redface.gif

This was a misprint in the catalog, but I'd be more than happy to work out a special deal for you for the inconvenience. Email me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

forums@musiciansfriend.com

Archived