Warning: Don't leave Telecasters alone on string swings!!

Meowy

• Members

They will get frisky and multiply cop.gif

Right to left:

Mama Tele
GFS Paulownia body finished with Duplicolor Light Blue Mica
Bridge pup is a Squier Classic Vibe A5 (searching for a Duncan Donahue)
Neck pup is a Duncan SM-1 minihum
Warmoth neck (std 9.5" radius, 1 1/16" nut) finished in tru oil, vintage slotted tuners
Wired with 250K master volume, independent tone and std 3-way switch

Daddy Tele
Red Dirt Guitars Ash body finished with Reranch tinted clear over Blonde
BG Pups Alnico III Rockwind set
Warmoth neck (std 9.5" radius, 1 1/16" nut) finished in tru oil, vintage slotted tuners
Wired with 250K vol / tone and push pull tone with Arlo cocked wah mod, std 4-way switch

The newborn Esquire, "Iggy" (first guitar I've ever named)
Clearfork Designs Ash body finished in Inverness Green (and its namesake)
Zanguilin Paul Bunyan pickup - 9.5K tapped at 7.2K
250K pots wired with switch pos 1=full coil, 2=tapped coil, 3=tapped coil with eldred tone mod

Genetics check out.

Family01.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
That's the way to do it. There's no overlap. Did you paint them yourself? The finishes look great. Do you have closeup shots?
Thanks, yes I did. The yellow was supposed to be more of a butterscotch, but I overdid it with the tint. Still I like how it came out, even though not as I pictured it. As my first about 2 years ago, I never really properly wet sanded and polished it so it has a good amount of overspray. I am going to fix it up and recoat it with clear. Bryan's A3 pickups give it a great early Page sound with a lot of lush metallic overtones.

Telemaple05.jpg

The blue one was my second, done the end of this fall. It is the best finish quality of the 3 and I think that has to do with the ease of use of the duplicolor acrylic lacquer vs nitro.

bluesnow3.jpg

TeleTreessmall.jpg

The Esquire needs another color coat and then clear over that to cover up some areas where the finish did not cover properly. Rattle cans are on their way. More pics to follow the refinish

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
That's the way to do it. There's no overlap. Did you paint them yourself? The finishes look great. Do you have closeup shots?
Thanks, yes I did. The yellow was supposed to be more of a butterscotch, but I overdid it with the tint. Still I like how it came out, even though not as I pictured it. As my first about 2 years ago, I never really properly wet sanded and polished it so it has a good amount of overspray. I am going to fix it up and recoat it with clear. Bryan's A3 pickups give it a great early Page sound with a lot of lush metallic overtones.

Telemaple05.jpg

The blue one was my second, done the end of this fall. It is the best finish quality of the 3 and I think that has to do with the ease of use of the duplicolor acrylic lacquer vs nitro.

bluesnow3.jpg

TeleTreessmall.jpg

The Esquire needs another color coat and then clear over that to cover up some areas where the finish did not cover properly. Rattle cans are on their way. More pics to follow the refinish

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post

Nice. I've got a ZPB in my Esquire too. No tap on mine, though. Hotter than stock, but there's no mistaking it for anything but Tele/Esquire. Big, bold and twangy. David makes some of the best pickups - each one custom made for about the same price you'd pay for a Duncan or DiMarzio.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post

Nice. I've got a ZPB in my Esquire too. No tap on mine, though. Hotter than stock, but there's no mistaking it for anything but Tele/Esquire. Big, bold and twangy. David makes some of the best pickups - each one custom made for about the same price you'd pay for a Duncan or DiMarzio.

Archived