What guitar makes you the most creative?

ajympt

• Members

I am just sitting here realizing that although I have several nice guitars at my disposal, the one that I find myself reaching for when I want to come up with something new is an old 60's Kay with silly high action, a neck the size of a tree stump and strung up with nylon. I have much "better" guitars but for some reason this one makes me do something other than run through stuff I already know.

What guitar do you play that makes you "get out of your box" ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The three in my sig...my LP Deluxe, Melody Maker and especially my Gretsch 6120.

And I totally know what you mean...if I buy a guitar and it doesn't inspire me to learn a new trick every time I pick it up, it usually ends up on craigslist within 6 months smile.gif

• Members

The three in my sig...my LP Deluxe, Melody Maker and especially my Gretsch 6120.

And I totally know what you mean...if I buy a guitar and it doesn't inspire me to learn a new trick every time I pick it up, it usually ends up on craigslist within 6 months smile.gif

• Members

I know there'll be those who disagree, and think that fighting with your guitar makes you more creative.

But for me, the easiest-to-play guitar makes me the most creative. If the guitar plays as effortlessly as possible, I can worry about other things and let creativity flow.

(And so far for me, that guitar is a 22.7" scale Duo Sonic. And I have biggish hands. I'm over 6' and have long--but not thick--fingers. Ah, and the high gain neck-position Tone Zone is a part of it.)

• Members

I know there'll be those who disagree, and think that fighting with your guitar makes you more creative.

But for me, the easiest-to-play guitar makes me the most creative. If the guitar plays as effortlessly as possible, I can worry about other things and let creativity flow.

(And so far for me, that guitar is a 22.7" scale Duo Sonic. And I have biggish hands. I'm over 6' and have long--but not thick--fingers. Ah, and the high gain neck-position Tone Zone is a part of it.)

• Members

My guitars have very little to do with my creativity. Yeah certain tones may inspire some licks/riffs that I might not have come up with on a different guitar with a different tone, but it works both ways. That's about the extent of it though. And I'm not convinced that those licks/riffs wouldn't have come out of me at some other point anyway.

• Members

My guitars have very little to do with my creativity. Yeah certain tones may inspire some licks/riffs that I might not have come up with on a different guitar with a different tone, but it works both ways. That's about the extent of it though. And I'm not convinced that those licks/riffs wouldn't have come out of me at some other point anyway.

Archived