Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar makes you the most creative?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time of the day and the mood I am in are what effect how creative I am! It doesn't make much of a difference which guitar I grab if I am not feeling it. They are all just tools to get the job done to me. Different ones might steer the direction I am going when being creative though.

Comment

The time of the day and the mood I am in are what effect how creative I am! It doesn't make much of a difference which guitar I grab if I am not feeling it. They are all just tools to get the job done to me. Different ones might steer the direction I am going when being creative though.

Comment

Martin acoustic. I can play any guitar but when I sit with my Martin, it's almost a religious experience.
        Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Martin acoustic. I can play any guitar but when I sit with my Martin, it's almost a religious experience.
          Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ajympt
            View Post

What guitar do you play that makes you "get out of your box" ?

Basically any guitar I play shortly after I get high. Fifteen minutes to an hour after blazing up is a golden time for me as far as playing goes: everything seems to come so much smoother and with little effort, the ideas just seem to flow directly my fingers without the brain getting in the way, and particularly varying dynamics and timing comes almost without any effort at all.

And my CV 60s Strat seems best of all for that effect.
            Epi 339-Pro (Cherry) | Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran acoustic-electric | Fender Mustang III v2: Swamp Thang | Fender Super Champ XD: Ragin' Cajun

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ajympt
              View Post

What guitar do you play that makes you "get out of your box" ?

Basically any guitar I play shortly after I get high. Fifteen minutes to an hour after blazing up is a golden time for me as far as playing goes: everything seems to come so much smoother and with little effort, the ideas just seem to flow directly my fingers without the brain getting in the way, and particularly varying dynamics and timing comes almost without any effort at all.

And my CV 60s Strat seems best of all for that effect.
              Epi 339-Pro (Cherry) | Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran acoustic-electric | Fender Mustang III v2: Swamp Thang | Fender Super Champ XD: Ragin' Cajun

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
                View Post

Any guitar I happen to be holding when I'm in a creative mood.

This

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty
                View Post

for me, it's more of what I plug into that makes me creative. Mainly effects

and this..

for me anyway.
                Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
                  View Post

Any guitar I happen to be holding when I'm in a creative mood.

This

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty
                  View Post

for me, it's more of what I plug into that makes me creative. Mainly effects

and this..

for me anyway.
                  Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

The one I haven't bought yet.
                    Punk rock is a work ethic.

Comment

The one I haven't bought yet.
                      Punk rock is a work ethic.

Comment

About 90% of the best songs and riffs I have ever written still come from the Takemine acoustic from the 70's that was my older sisters.

Comment

About 90% of the best songs and riffs I have ever written still come from the Takemine acoustic from the 70's that was my older sisters.

Comment

This is an instant funk breaker. I have two of them--one is outfitted with Harmonic Gloves:

I like to use them on my LP Baritone:

Comment

This is an instant funk breaker. I have two of them--one is outfitted with Harmonic Gloves:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                                View Post

What exactly is that thing - assuming a highly adjustable capo ?
                                Good deals with:
                                FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
                                ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
                                AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
                                downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

Working...
                                X