Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS doing solderless actives now

coming in February

from the facebook comments 'The goal of these is to cop the tone and feel of vintage, passive pickups...but provide the complete and utter lack of 60 cycle hum that actives are famous for.The "feel" of these is very different. EMG's do a specific thing that these will not. We're going for sweeter, warmer and rounder- the vintage feel, with really strong output for maximum crunch.

Pricing will be excellent- We own the molds, we designed the circuits, we custom wind each coil for each specific pickup... Expect these ALNICO magnet pickups to be around 1/3 the price of the nationally advertised actives, and complete pre wired assemblies for about what we charge now for hand wired passives.

The best part of the system is that we make TWO versions of each pickup...one is voiced to MY ear and fixed that way, the upgrade version has a three position DIP switch on the back for YOU to configure gain, bass and treble to match you guitar, playing style and amp. The system that we will be introducing includes all plug-and-play pots, jacks, switches, tone controls, volume controls and a unique central BUSS board that allows you to plug the new pickups in with no soldering... and ALSO allows you to use ALL GFS passive pickups (Or anyones) and install them with no soldering!
    '

sounds interesting

Could be cool.

Comment

Could be cool.

Comment

I do not own a strat because I never found the right pickups.

These could be it.

Thanks

Comment

I do not own a strat because I never found the right pickups.

These could be it.

Thanks

Comment

I'd be interested in trying them, I think.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

I'd be interested in trying them, I think.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Hmmm...definitely potential with these.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
                Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
                PRS SE One<br />
                --<br />
                EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
                Blackstar HT-5<br />
                </font></div>

Comment

Hmmm...definitely potential with these.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst<br />
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)<br />
                  PRS SE One<br />
                  --<br />
                  EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab<br />
                  Blackstar HT-5<br />
                  </font></div>

Comment

Working...
                  X