Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-stringing a Bigsby took 17 minutes working at a leisurely pace...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-stringing a Bigsby took 17 minutes working at a leisurely pace...

Just re-strung my Schecter Corsair, which has a Bigsby B70 on it. This is the first time I've put new strings on that guitar.

After opening the new pack of strings, it took all of 17 minutes to put on all six strings, stretch, tune, and commence with rocking out. And I was working at a leisurely pace.

Who said Bigsbys are hard to re-string? I reckon it's all about technique. Main thing is to pre-curve the ball ends on the shaft of a screwdriver or something similar. Other than that, it's pretty much just like any other guitar. Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad
    View Post

Just re-strung my Schecter Corsair, which has a Bigsby B70 on it. This is the first time I've put new strings on that guitar.

After opening the new pack of strings, it took all of 17 minutes to put on all six strings, stretch, tune, and commence with rocking out. And I was working at a leisurely pace.

Who said Bigsbys are hard to re-string? I reckon it's all about technique. Main thing is to pre-curve the ball ends on the shaft of a screwdriver or something similar. Other than that, it's pretty much just like any other guitar. Easy peasy.

Meh/ My old Gibson MIII Standard with a full on Floyd took about the same time to change out. That stuff is way over-demonized. Fools need to sack up and not be such pusses.
    Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chad
      View Post

Meh/ My old Gibson MIII Standard with a full on Floyd took about the same time to change out. That stuff is way over-demonized. Fools need to sack up and not be such pusses.
      Vintage Sunburst Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | 3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran Bucket acoustic-electric | Fender Super Champ XD: Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | Fender G-Dec III 30: Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Comment

^Yep, my first guitar was a floating Floyd. Floyds never have bothered me at all.

I've heard people say things like "you can say goodbye to ever changing a broken string at a gig when playing a Bigsby." In my opinion, it's no bigger deal than any other guitar. If a person really wanted to be prepared they could pre-curve the ball ends on their backup string pack.

Comment

^Yep, my first guitar was a floating Floyd. Floyds never have bothered me at all.

I've heard people say things like "you can say goodbye to ever changing a broken string at a gig when playing a Bigsby." In my opinion, it's no bigger deal than any other guitar. If a person really wanted to be prepared they could pre-curve the ball ends on their backup string pack.

Comment

I've found it best to leave 1 string on the guitar while changing strings on a Bigsbified guitar. That way I can still use some lemon oil on the fretboard too. Of course, it helps that I have a third arm.
            ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
            Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

I've found it best to leave 1 string on the guitar while changing strings on a Bigsbified guitar. That way I can still use some lemon oil on the fretboard too. Of course, it helps that I have a third arm.
              ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
              Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
                View Post

Of course, it helps that I have a third arm.

Sig worthy.
                dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
                  View Post

Of course, it helps that I have a third arm.

Sig worthy.
                  dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

Mesa Boogie MK III
                    Marshall DSL 50
                    JCA 20H
                    ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                    Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                    Fender HM Strat
                    Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

Mesa Boogie MK III
                      Marshall DSL 50
                      JCA 20H
                      ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                      Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                      Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                      Fender HM Strat
                      Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

I'm putting a B5 on a project guitar of mine. Thanks for the pre-curve tip.
                        Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band
                        Eight Foot Manchild

Comment

I'm putting a B5 on a project guitar of mine. Thanks for the pre-curve tip.
                          Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band
                          Eight Foot Manchild

Comment

pre curve, and use a capo. Easy.

Comment

pre curve, and use a capo. Easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X