Xaviere opinions?

bjcarl

• Members

I know they used to be the hot, budget guitar du jour, but I'm looking for opinions on Xaviere guitars.

I've been contemplating my first Tele Thinline purchase. In the running are an ASAT Bluesboy(G&L) and Fender's FSR Super Deluxe Thinline. The thing is, I've spent lots this holiday season and my wallet could use a break. I'm also thinking that I'll plop a pair of TV Jones into whatever I go with, which kind of takes the Bluesboy out of it. Additionally, even I don't know that I'd wanna pony up the $1000+ on the Fender, only to drop another $300 into upgrading the p'ups.

Sooooo....any feedback/opinions on GFS' Xaviere thinlines?

610_VC_RW.jpg

• Members

You probably wouldn't have to upgrade pickups on the Xaviere. The Dream 180's are very nice and may sound Gretschy enough for you. The guitars are generally well made, but expect that you will need a setup, fret level, and possibly a new nut when you get it. The blems are usually a good deal.

• Members

You probably wouldn't have to upgrade pickups on the Xaviere. The Dream 180's are very nice and may sound Gretschy enough for you. The guitars are generally well made, but expect that you will need a setup, fret level, and possibly a new nut when you get it. The blems are usually a good deal.

• Members

I have had that exact guitar. Pretty decent for the money, and the pickups are pretty good. It will need a setup, but the frets and nut on mine were fine. It's hit or miss, though, some need more work than others. They are perfectly gigable guitars once you set them up. Just don't expect to get more than you pay for.

• Members

I have had that exact guitar. Pretty decent for the money, and the pickups are pretty good. It will need a setup, but the frets and nut on mine were fine. It's hit or miss, though, some need more work than others. They are perfectly gigable guitars once you set them up. Just don't expect to get more than you pay for.

• Members

i have an Xaviere 335 style. Like others said they are decent, but not Fender or G&L quality. The pickups are probably the best part of the guitar. The body seems quite good but for some reason i'm just not fond of the neck, it just seems cheap when i play it. Not like when you pick a quality guitar up and it just feels solid and nice. I can't figure out why though, as it's nothing glaring that stands out. But i've never played a Fender style guitar of theirs so it may be different.

• Members

i have an Xaviere 335 style. Like others said they are decent, but not Fender or G&L quality. The pickups are probably the best part of the guitar. The body seems quite good but for some reason i'm just not fond of the neck, it just seems cheap when i play it. Not like when you pick a quality guitar up and it just feels solid and nice. I can't figure out why though, as it's nothing glaring that stands out. But i've never played a Fender style guitar of theirs so it may be different.

• Members

Since the pups make up most of the sound and you're planning on putting the new pups in this git, I would only look at a decent guitar which you can get from Xavier and then you'll have what you want. I also don't know about having to do a fret job.

Take a look at Rondo as well.

• Members

Since the pups make up most of the sound and you're planning on putting the new pups in this git, I would only look at a decent guitar which you can get from Xavier and then you'll have what you want. I also don't know about having to do a fret job.

Take a look at Rondo as well.

• Members

Rondo was my first choice, but as I'm hoping to put TV Jones p'ups in one and there's no SX/Agile/Douglas etc routed for bigger p'ups in both the neck and bridge, that kinda cancels them out. I was curious about the xaviere cuz at $174, the money lost on resell if/when I decide to upgrade is somewhat insignificant.

I think I might wait til after tax time, see what I owe the man, and rethink things...I do wish TV Jones made a TV Classic that would fit a standard tele bridge rout.

Thanks for the replies, guys...more input is always welcomedwave.gif

• Members

Rondo was my first choice, but as I'm hoping to put TV Jones p'ups in one and there's no SX/Agile/Douglas etc routed for bigger p'ups in both the neck and bridge, that kinda cancels them out. I was curious about the xaviere cuz at $174, the money lost on resell if/when I decide to upgrade is somewhat insignificant.

I think I might wait til after tax time, see what I owe the man, and rethink things...I do wish TV Jones made a TV Classic that would fit a standard tele bridge rout.

Thanks for the replies, guys...more input is always welcomedwave.gif

Archived