Looking for recommendations for a non-Fender Tele Style guitar

BrammyH

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably a standard Tele config (maple neck, two singles) but with a nicer finish. For instance, I like the finishes on the Schecter Damien guitars. Not sold on the maple neck as a requirement. A good looking guitar that I don't mind making mods to.

• Members

Probably a standard Tele config (maple neck, two singles) but with a nicer finish. For instance, I like the finishes on the Schecter Damien guitars. Not sold on the maple neck as a requirement. A good looking guitar that I don't mind making mods to.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by D Carroll

View Post

Maybe a benford custom? The standard stuff is made from all parts stuff, so it's pretty good, you get to pick te pickups, and cool finishes start around $500.

In that price range, I believe, to get a good guitar, bendfords are the only option without building your own. Mighty Mite have a couple of blingy finishes for pretty cheap if you can put together a partscaster.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by D Carroll

View Post

Maybe a benford custom? The standard stuff is made from all parts stuff, so it's pretty good, you get to pick te pickups, and cool finishes start around $500.

In that price range, I believe, to get a good guitar, bendfords are the only option without building your own. Mighty Mite have a couple of blingy finishes for pretty cheap if you can put together a partscaster.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McHale

View Post

This. X 10

Times 11. Or look for partsocasters on CL or your local pawn shop to use as a base for your own creation. Resale on them is less than Squier - let somebody else take the hit. I got a killer parts-o-esquire for $100 at a pawnshop a few months ago.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McHale

View Post

This. X 10

Times 11. Or look for partsocasters on CL or your local pawn shop to use as a base for your own creation. Resale on them is less than Squier - let somebody else take the hit. I got a killer parts-o-esquire for $100 at a pawnshop a few months ago.

Archived