Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Strat87
    View Post

On the other hand if used is ok I'd try to find a MIJ fender from the 80s

Some of these, like the '62 Customs, have really skinny necks.

Comment

Look for a used Yamaha 302s.

Comment

Look for a used Yamaha 302s.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll go the parts caster route.

Turns out the SO has approved a budget request for a new amp (my Peavy Vypyr 75 lacks balls) so ill be getting a practice/gigging amp first. Thinking a DSL 15 head.

Comment

Turns out the SO has approved a budget request for a new amp (my Peavy Vypyr 75 lacks balls) so ill be getting a practice/gigging amp first. Thinking a DSL 15 head.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH
              View Post

I love my 2000 DSL 401. Make sure you check out the Tubemeister 18. If the speaker in your Vypyr is decent, you could get the head and use the Vypyr as a cab until you save up for the matching cab ($300).

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH
                View Post

I love my 2000 DSL 401. Make sure you check out the Tubemeister 18. If the speaker in your Vypyr is decent, you could get the head and use the Vypyr as a cab until you save up for the matching cab ($300).

Comment

Here's another great setup for $650--Egnater Tweaker 15 with cab.

The cab comes with a nice speaker too:

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Marshall. I love he DSL Series. But try some others if you can. Amps are more important in shaping you tone, IMO, than guitars. If you don't have a guitar with humbuckers, make sure the tele that you build has one in the neck position if you're looking at Marshall style amps.

Comment

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Marshall. I love he DSL Series. But try some others if you can. Amps are more important in shaping you tone, IMO, than guitars. If you don't have a guitar with humbuckers, make sure the tele that you build has one in the neck position if you're looking at Marshall style amps.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                      View Post

a baja tele does a break bucker impression as well...and sounds awesome with marshalls.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey
                        View Post

a baja tele does a break bucker impression as well...and sounds awesome with marshalls.

Comment

Welch Twang Slinger - $449.00 - Double bound, Wilkinson hardware, USA woods, maple or rosewood fretboards. I was very impressed with them at summer NAMM and am ordering one myself in a couple weeks.

Comment

Welch Twang Slinger - $449.00 - Double bound, Wilkinson hardware, USA woods, maple or rosewood fretboards. I was very impressed with them at summer NAMM and am ordering one myself in a couple weeks.

Comment

Austin AU962

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Austin-Guita...item1e75d1a9c6
                              I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

Austin AU962

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Austin-Guita...item1e75d1a9c6
                                I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

Working...
                                X