Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Installing G&L Tremolo Arm

I feel really stupid asking this, but I can't figure this out. I just got my first tremolo equipped guitar, a G&L Legacy and I can't figure out how to get the damn arm for the tremolo on. It slides into the hole but there has to be a way to lock it down so it doesn't rotate as your playing.

Anyone know what to do?
    MOTGLHC

Gear:
    -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (lefty), Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Bridge, Seymour Duncan 59' Neck

-G&L Legacy Tribute (lefty) Stock - CURRENTLY FOR SALE

-Traynor YCV40-WR

-Taylor GS8 (My #1 guitar)

there is a small allen key that screws into the base of the bridge that puts pressure on the arm to hold it in place.

Comment

Is the wrench for it supposed to come with the guitar? I found 3 wrenches in the case but two of them are much too big, and there is an itty bitty one that feels too small when you put it in that hole.
      MOTGLHC

Gear:
      -Epiphone Les Paul Standard (lefty), Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Bridge, Seymour Duncan 59' Neck

-G&L Legacy Tribute (lefty) Stock - CURRENTLY FOR SALE

-Traynor YCV40-WR

-Taylor GS8 (My #1 guitar)

Comment

One of those should do it. Press down on the trem a little and you should clearly see the nylon insert "allen screw" they use to tighten the bar.
        Originally Posted by blargh

I never knew that rubbing a bow over the cello resulted in trebly scratchy dogsh!t... ya learn something new every day at HCAF

http://www.myspace.com/articlexv r.i.p.

Comment

I recently bought a second F-100 (81?) and it needs a tremolo bar. Any one know where to find an original style one?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by r.curry
            View Post

I recently bought a second F-100 (81?) and it needs a tremolo bar. Any one know where to find an original style one?

You can order a replacement arm from G&L, though for that particular guitar you'll need to replce the socket as well (again, available on their site)

http://www.glguitars.com/shopping/sh...dge+Components
            Guitars Canada - Guitar Forum for Canadians

Comment

Working...
            X