Obligatory NGD photos. PRS SE Singlecut

billybilly

• Members

So, after flipping my PRS SE semi-hollow as the edge dug too much into my forearm, I knew I wanted a singlecut and the price was right on this one ($460 delivered to Australia).

First impressions, light, weighed in at 7.2 lbs but feels lighter, scale could be off, I could be off. The pickups sound great clean, quite articulate, not so great with any gain or distortion, too shrill and muffled for me. I'm pretty sure the bridge will be getting my spare Tone Zone. Regardless, I'll spend some more time with them though, just in case. And speaking of cases, aren't these SE cases nice! I'll actually use it.

The figure, albeit fake, isn't bad. Some other brands just look dumb but I can live with this one.

The neck is great and while I'm no shredder, it is a fast neck (wide/fat) but pretty average in girth really. Kind of a V to C shape. I set it up with a 1/8th of a turn of the truss and lowered the bridge just slightly.

Probably my only complaint is it feels a little toy like. Here she is...

IMG_2293qq_zps82384143.jpgIMG_2290qq_zps1f04f9e0.jpgIMG_2288qq_zps97e80f3d.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by virtuzoso View Post
I have a Tone Zone in the bridge of my Singlecut Se and it is sounds awesome! I put an Air Norton in the neck which is also a great match!
Don't say that, I'm likely to break out the soldering iron today. icon_lol.gif

I like some meat in my sound so it will happen, just not today. A Norton in the neck with splits for both sounds good!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by virtuzoso View Post
I have a Tone Zone in the bridge of my Singlecut Se and it is sounds awesome! I put an Air Norton in the neck which is also a great match!
Don't say that, I'm likely to break out the soldering iron today. icon_lol.gif

I like some meat in my sound so it will happen, just not today. A Norton in the neck with splits for both sounds good!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC

View Post

I think it would look better with chrome pickup covers. Oh, and you're killing us in the Northern Hemisphere with those pictures in the summer sun ...

Ya, not a bad call for the chrome pickup covers. Kinda needs them. Believe or not, I find it too hot here in the summer, you can't be active outside as you'll either burn to death or die from dehydration. Winter here is perfect, about 70 F daily with lots of sun.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC

View Post

I think it would look better with chrome pickup covers. Oh, and you're killing us in the Northern Hemisphere with those pictures in the summer sun ...

Ya, not a bad call for the chrome pickup covers. Kinda needs them. Believe or not, I find it too hot here in the summer, you can't be active outside as you'll either burn to death or die from dehydration. Winter here is perfect, about 70 F daily with lots of sun.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
Oh, and you're killing us in the Northern Hemisphere with those pictures in the summer sun ...
not me
I am still in the Northern hemisphere and its 35C

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
nice ax! congrats!

it's -21f here right now.
good luck with that

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC View Post
Oh, and you're killing us in the Northern Hemisphere with those pictures in the summer sun ...
not me
I am still in the Northern hemisphere and its 35C

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog View Post
nice ax! congrats!

it's -21f here right now.
good luck with that

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Enjoy the new prs and the summer

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Enjoy the new prs and the summer

• Members

Nice singlecut! I've been thinking of the Catanese model lately, which I think is a thicker model, like an actual LP. The toy-like reference scares me though, last thing I really want in my hands, and I had a "natural" Tremonti model before, and I would kinda agree with that assessment. It did play nice though, but a pickup swap would have done wonders.

Also, it's 9 degrees F here today.

• Members

Nice singlecut! I've been thinking of the Catanese model lately, which I think is a thicker model, like an actual LP. The toy-like reference scares me though, last thing I really want in my hands, and I had a "natural" Tremonti model before, and I would kinda agree with that assessment. It did play nice though, but a pickup swap would have done wonders.

Also, it's 9 degrees F here today.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billybilly View Post
That's just crazy cold, can't imagine. I saw on TV once, I man threw up a small glass of boiled water and it had frozen before it hit the ground, maybe that was you?
Beautiful guitar. I really like the colour on it.
And I just had to add that during those temerpatures i still ride my bicycle to work.facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billybilly View Post
That's just crazy cold, can't imagine. I saw on TV once, I man threw up a small glass of boiled water and it had frozen before it hit the ground, maybe that was you?
Beautiful guitar. I really like the colour on it.
And I just had to add that during those temerpatures i still ride my bicycle to work.facepalm.gif

• Members

Nice guitar. I just scored 2 SC's last month. I picked up a Tremonti SE and last week a SE 245. I really like the 245 a lot more. I like the thicker body and the 24 1/2" scale. I think if I upgrade the pickups, it could be a real tone monster. Congrats again on your new guitar. smile.gif

• Members

Nice guitar. I just scored 2 SC's last month. I picked up a Tremonti SE and last week a SE 245. I really like the 245 a lot more. I like the thicker body and the 24 1/2" scale. I think if I upgrade the pickups, it could be a real tone monster. Congrats again on your new guitar. smile.gif

Archived