• Show
Clear All

Very nice! Birds and flames FTW!

HNGD!
    Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly
      View Post

That's just crazy cold, can't imagine. I saw on TV once, I man threw up a small glass of boiled water and it had frozen before it hit the ground, maybe that was you?

Nope, not me... I used to pour an ice rink in my front yard when my kids were younger though...

--
      Wagdog
      Check out Lunar Commander on:
      iTunes App Store
      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
      iTunes App Store
      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly
        View Post

That's just crazy cold, can't imagine. I saw on TV once, I man threw up a small glass of boiled water and it had frozen before it hit the ground, maybe that was you?

Nope, not me... I used to pour an ice rink in my front yard when my kids were younger though...

--
        Wagdog
        Check out Lunar Commander on:
        iTunes App Store
        Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
        iTunes App Store
        Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
        - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Sweet guitar! HNGD!
          Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Sweet guitar! HNGD!
            Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
              View Post

Nice singlecut! I've been thinking of the Catanese model lately, which I think is a thicker model, like an actual LP. The toy-like reference scares me though, last thing I really want in my hands, and I had a "natural" Tremonti model before, and I would kinda agree with that assessment. It did play nice though, but a pickup swap would have done wonders.

Don't confuse "light weight" and "toy - like". I had an SE Soapbar singlecut a while back and while it was light, it was also positively alive and resonant. Sounded great. Shoulda kept it.
              Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
                View Post

Nice singlecut! I've been thinking of the Catanese model lately, which I think is a thicker model, like an actual LP. The toy-like reference scares me though, last thing I really want in my hands, and I had a "natural" Tremonti model before, and I would kinda agree with that assessment. It did play nice though, but a pickup swap would have done wonders.

Don't confuse "light weight" and "toy - like". I had an SE Soapbar singlecut a while back and while it was light, it was also positively alive and resonant. Sounded great. Shoulda kept it.
                Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                  is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                  go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                  I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                  A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                    is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                    go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                    I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                    A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

Congrats!

Really like my SE 245.
                      Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                      Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. I've played her to the point at which my hands are sore and it checks all the boxes except the pickups. A bit too cutting for this old fart but they do cut and crunch well, albeit lack clarity when doing so. I have a similar guitar (SZ320) with BG Darks and they rock but I'll try the Tone Zone (dimarzio) and a 59 (duncan) I have on hand in the next day or two and see how I go.
                        MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

Comment

Btw, like someone already said, the top is real and not fake, it's just not a thick top but a veneer which is just thinner. There are brands out there that use a foto flame which is fake but not these. You won't find two of these tops that are the same.
                          My gear thread:
                          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
                          www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
                          www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
                          www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
                          webcast of ZED:
                          http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                            View Post

Btw, like someone already said, the top is real and not fake, it's just not a thick top but a veneer which is just thinner. There are brands out there that use a foto flame which is fake but not these. You won't find two of these tops that are the same.

Good to know, thanks.
                            MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

Comment

Congrats!

(o)(o)
                              Visit Crash Pad at:
                              http://CrashPadBand.com
                              CONSUME!:
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                              Gear List/Pics:
                              https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                                View Post

WHich brands do use a foto top then? I know Agile on their upper AL models are specific with a thick maple cap (thicker than a veneer even), my Epi Tribute LP also uses a thicker maple cap. I wonder if the Epi LP Standard Plus models use real maple - I think so, and this has probably been discussed ad nauseum. I've just never heard who actually uses the fake foto tops, sort of curious, and would want to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                                X