Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonnie99
    started a topic My cheapass gear, that I love

My cheapass gear, that I love

I've got less than $500 wrapped up in everything, which may or may not surprise you. . I paid $20 for the blue Lotus Strat, $60 for the silver burst Starcaster, and I think $125 for the red Korean Squier which had a different neck. Paid $20-25 each for the pedals. $30 for the Kustom Solo 16 amp and probably $40 for the Fender Princeton 65 which immediately stopped working. Right now its simply jumpered to the Kustom as a cab. The strats are all quite different sounding. The red one gets most of the play. No idea what the pickups are but I love them. I've got some Texas Specials and AY wound CS69s, but these stay in place. The blue Lotus has Fender MIM pickups, and the silver burst Starcaster is totally stock and trying hard to be the number one. Yeah, after going through 300+ guitars this (supposed) POS Starcaster is getting a lot of attention. If I was a trem user I'd change it out, but I'm not so I won't. I'll probably change the tuners to split shaft type, and I've got a white pearl guard coming for it, but those are just preferences, not necessities. I find myself using the acoustic pedal a lot and grunge pedals together a lot as well. I can't dial in a distortion I like just with the grunge pedal, but mated with the AC-2 I get the sound I hear in my head. The AC-2 with the delay gives me surfy sounds as well. Safe to say I'm a fan of the AC-2. I will admit to wanting a new amp, a 2x12 or if I'm ever lucky enough a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. But this little quasi-stack gets the job done. Wasn't that a fascinating read?

• jrockbridge
    replied
    Powered 112 speakers with horn tweeter...$75 each on sale.

Honestly, they don't sound that great by themselves. But, I purchased a nice EQ, used and cheap via eBay and it helps them sound excellent!

Rane EQ...$46 delivered.....

Leave a comment:

• jrockbridge
    replied
    Powered 112 speakers with horn tweeter...$75 each on sale.

Honestly, they don't sound that great by themselves. But, I purchased a nice EQ, used and cheap via eBay and it helps them sound excellent!

Rane EQ...$46 delivered.....

Leave a comment:

• americansinner
    replied
    Got this used for $200. Okay so I might have put $180 pickups in it, but it was still pretty nice before that.

Leave a comment:

• americansinner
    replied
    Got this used for $200. Okay so I might have put $180 pickups in it, but it was still pretty nice before that.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Krashpad
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by gergbee
    View Post

My cheapness:

$50 Peavey Studio Pro 112 made in USA.

+

$50 1984 MIJ Vantage Avenger X-35 with hardshell case. It has push-pull pots to split the humbuckers and really great action. Best $50 I've ever spent.

Holy cow, the case alone is worth that. Like getting a free guitar!

Leave a comment:

• Brian Krashpad
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by gergbee
    View Post

My cheapness:

+

$50 1984 MIJ Vantage Avenger X-35 with hardshell case. It has push-pull pots to split the humbuckers and really great action. Best $50 I've ever spent.

Holy cow, the case alone is worth that. Like getting a free guitar!

Leave a comment:

• gergbee
    replied
    I like those Kustoms too. I have a practice bass amp, it's great!

My cheapness:

+

Leave a comment:

• gergbee
    replied
    I like those Kustoms too. I have a practice bass amp, it's great!

My cheapness:

+

Leave a comment:

• thecornman
    replied
    Awesome! It is not what you have that matters, it is what you do with it.

Leave a comment:

• thecornman
    replied
    Awesome! It is not what you have that matters, it is what you do with it.

Leave a comment:

• MorganB
    replied
    "I've never had a Kustom that I didn't like, no matter how small"

Me 3 !

Leave a comment:

• MorganB
    replied
    "I've never had a Kustom that I didn't like, no matter how small"

Me 3 !

Leave a comment:

• MorganB
    replied
    Paid under 140 new for this mini Bling rig with a lot of Blang!

Leave a comment:

• MorganB
    replied
    Paid under 140 new for this mini Bling rig with a lot of Blang!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X