My cheapass gear, that I love

Lonnie99

• Members

I've got less than $500 wrapped up in everything, which may or may not surprise you. smile.gif. I paid $20 for the blue Lotus Strat, $60 for the silver burst Starcaster, and I think $125 for the red Korean Squier which had a different neck. Paid $20-25 each for the pedals. $30 for the Kustom Solo 16 amp and probably $40 for the Fender Princeton 65 which immediately stopped working. Right now its simply jumpered to the Kustom as a cab. The strats are all quite different sounding. The red one gets most of the play. No idea what the pickups are but I love them. I've got some Texas Specials and AY wound CS69s, but these stay in place. The blue Lotus has Fender MIM pickups, and the silver burst Starcaster is totally stock and trying hard to be the number one. Yeah, after going through 300+ guitars this (supposed) POS Starcaster is getting a lot of attention. If I was a trem user I'd change it out, but I'm not so I won't. I'll probably change the tuners to split shaft type, and I've got a white pearl guard coming for it, but those are just preferences, not necessities. I find myself using the acoustic pedal a lot and grunge pedals together a lot as well. I can't dial in a distortion I like just with the grunge pedal, but mated with the AC-2 I get the sound I hear in my head. The AC-2 with the delay gives me surfy sounds as well. Safe to say I'm a fan of the AC-2. I will admit to wanting a new amp, a 2x12 or if I'm ever lucky enough a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. But this little quasi-stack gets the job done. Wasn't that a fascinating read? smile.gif

d82b84da190f71456abe477278ca52f8.jpg

cd0eafeba78430abf05d5b97d54f6db6.jpg

ea4131b00ad255a0bd90b093b4c4aede.jpg

• Members
IMG_5433-1-1.jpg
Its been cleaned up and rewired since this pic, but still barely over $100 -has a big Gibsonesque neck and a really nice full sound. About a month later I got a hardshell that fits perfectly for $5 at a pawn shop. It smells like cinnamon for some reason, which seems to make my dog quite pleased with it.

• Members
IMG_5433-1-1.jpg
Its been cleaned up and rewired since this pic, but still barely over $100 -has a big Gibsonesque neck and a really nice full sound. About a month later I got a hardshell that fits perfectly for $5 at a pawn shop. It smells like cinnamon for some reason, which seems to make my dog quite pleased with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

I very often play through a Yamaha SS jazz amp that I got for about $100 and it's sitting right next to other, 'nicer' amps including a Dr Z.

I love those. They're the best sounding clean SS amps I've ever played through. Total sleeper. Great reverb too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

I very often play through a Yamaha SS jazz amp that I got for about $100 and it's sitting right next to other, 'nicer' amps including a Dr Z.

I love those. They're the best sounding clean SS amps I've ever played through. Total sleeper. Great reverb too.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
I've got less than $500 wrapped up in everything, which may or may not surprise you. smile.gif. I paid $20 for the blue Lotus Strat, $60 for the silver burst Starcaster, and I think $125 for the red Korean Squier which had a different neck. Paid $20-25 each for the pedals. $30 for the Kustom Solo 16 amp and probably $40 for the Fender Princeton 65

Awesome. I love it.

Lately I've been playing my $60 Fullerton ST-4 (I overpaid)

fullerton-pg.jpg

through my $70 1983 Peavey Bandit 65

mqdefault.jpg

with my $13 Crafter Cruzer ET-DT Distortion pedal.

cruzer_ef-dt_001.jpg

all through a $6 First Act guitar cable from WalMart.

$%28KGrHqV,!mEE9RWY8,cKBPYLNkgr7g~~60_35

My $149 tone has never been sweeter.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
I've got less than $500 wrapped up in everything, which may or may not surprise you. smile.gif. I paid $20 for the blue Lotus Strat, $60 for the silver burst Starcaster, and I think $125 for the red Korean Squier which had a different neck. Paid $20-25 each for the pedals. $30 for the Kustom Solo 16 amp and probably $40 for the Fender Princeton 65

Awesome. I love it.

Lately I've been playing my $60 Fullerton ST-4 (I overpaid)

fullerton-pg.jpg

through my $70 1983 Peavey Bandit 65

mqdefault.jpg

with my $13 Crafter Cruzer ET-DT Distortion pedal.

cruzer_ef-dt_001.jpg

all through a $6 First Act guitar cable from WalMart.

$%28KGrHqV,!mEE9RWY8,cKBPYLNkgr7g~~60_35

My $149 tone has never been sweeter.

Archived