X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cheapass gear, that I love

I've got less than $500 wrapped up in everything, which may or may not surprise you. . I paid $20 for the blue Lotus Strat, $60 for the silver burst Starcaster, and I think $125 for the red Korean Squier which had a different neck. Paid $20-25 each for the pedals. $30 for the Kustom Solo 16 amp and probably $40 for the Fender Princeton 65 which immediately stopped working. Right now its simply jumpered to the Kustom as a cab. The strats are all quite different sounding. The red one gets most of the play. No idea what the pickups are but I love them. I've got some Texas Specials and AY wound CS69s, but these stay in place. The blue Lotus has Fender MIM pickups, and the silver burst Starcaster is totally stock and trying hard to be the number one. Yeah, after going through 300+ guitars this (supposed) POS Starcaster is getting a lot of attention. If I was a trem user I'd change it out, but I'm not so I won't. I'll probably change the tuners to split shaft type, and I've got a white pearl guard coming for it, but those are just preferences, not necessities. I find myself using the acoustic pedal a lot and grunge pedals together a lot as well. I can't dial in a distortion I like just with the grunge pedal, but mated with the AC-2 I get the sound I hear in my head. The AC-2 with the delay gives me surfy sounds as well. Safe to say I'm a fan of the AC-2. I will admit to wanting a new amp, a 2x12 or if I'm ever lucky enough a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. But this little quasi-stack gets the job done. Wasn't that a fascinating read?

I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

DBZ Barchetta - about $150 at WMS...

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
        My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

DBZ Barchetta - about $150 at WMS...

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
          My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

:

Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker
            View Post

I trump you sir

FREE BATOTMAN

1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina Amber
            2007 Carvin V220 Green Machine
            1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject
            1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra
            1968 Fender Telecaster
            2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
            1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
            Marshall JCM 800
            Marshall Studio 15
            Marshall 1976
            Marshall Silver Jubilee
            Orange Tiny Terror
            Orange Rocker 30
            Carvin Vintage 16

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909

SURVIVOR

Comment

:

Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker
              View Post

I trump you sir

FREE BATOTMAN

1955 Tele Partsocaster Korina Amber
              2007 Carvin V220 Green Machine
              1983 Gibson Custom Shop Edition Schenker reject
              1989 Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe Ultra
              1968 Fender Telecaster
              2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
              1997 Fender Pink Paisley

59 Fender Bassman
              Marshall JCM 800
              Marshall Studio 15
              Marshall 1976
              Marshall Silver Jubilee
              Orange Tiny Terror
              Orange Rocker 30
              Carvin Vintage 16

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=892909

SURVIVOR

Comment

Its been cleaned up and rewired since this pic, but still barely over $100 -has a big Gibsonesque neck and a really nice full sound. About a month later I got a hardshell that fits perfectly for $5 at a pawn shop. It smells like cinnamon for some reason, which seems to make my dog quite pleased with it.
                Good deals with:
                FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
                ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
                AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
                downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

Its been cleaned up and rewired since this pic, but still barely over $100 -has a big Gibsonesque neck and a really nice full sound. About a month later I got a hardshell that fits perfectly for $5 at a pawn shop. It smells like cinnamon for some reason, which seems to make my dog quite pleased with it.
                  Good deals with:
                  FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
                  ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
                  AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
                  downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

I very often play through a Yamaha SS jazz amp that I got for about $100 and it's sitting right next to other, 'nicer' amps including a Dr Z.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

I very often play through a Yamaha SS jazz amp that I got for about $100 and it's sitting right next to other, 'nicer' amps including a Dr Z.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2
                        View Post

I love those. They're the best sounding clean SS amps I've ever played through. Total sleeper. Great reverb too.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2
                          View Post

I love those. They're the best sounding clean SS amps I've ever played through. Total sleeper. Great reverb too.

Comment

Yay for inexpensive gear! :-)
                            Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Yay for inexpensive gear! :-)
                              Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X