Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have $600 (inc tax or shipping) to spend on an electric guitar. What do you buy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I don't understand the question...

What would it offer that you don't already have?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I don't understand the question...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

PRS SE.I've seen a few with neck profiles I did'nt like,but never saw one with lousy fit or finish.

Comment

PRS SE.I've seen a few with neck profiles I did'nt like,but never saw one with lousy fit or finish.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RedJamaX
            View Post

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

That's because you're stupid.

Comment

View Post

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

That's because you're stupid.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation

I don't understand the question

I simply meant to exemplify the point that I, nor most other members of this forum, could ever have an already-too-big collection of guitars

However, since you extended the scope of the question, allow me to elaborate...

I love the body styles of the PRS SE and the ESP MH and F series... they all have a wide range of finishes available as well. While the PRS pups would not give me a much different sound than what I have now, I do eventually want something with an EMG 81/85 combo... Or perhaps I could just throw some different pups in the PRS... but then we get past that $600 cap...
                ESP LTD EC-400vf (Gibson 496R/500T)PRS SE Santana (Santana III Bass/Treble)AXL Badwater SRO (GFS OW Liverpool/Duckbucker/JB)Mitchell MD-100SCEPeavey Vypyr 100http://www.flickr.com/photos/2516481...7604952053071/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation

I don't understand the question

I simply meant to exemplify the point that I, nor most other members of this forum, could ever have an already-too-big collection of guitars

However, since you extended the scope of the question, allow me to elaborate...

I love the body styles of the PRS SE and the ESP MH and F series... they all have a wide range of finishes available as well. While the PRS pups would not give me a much different sound than what I have now, I do eventually want something with an EMG 81/85 combo... Or perhaps I could just throw some different pups in the PRS... but then we get past that $600 cap...
                  ESP LTD EC-400vf (Gibson 496R/500T)PRS SE Santana (Santana III Bass/Treble)AXL Badwater SRO (GFS OW Liverpool/Duckbucker/JB)Mitchell MD-100SCEPeavey Vypyr 100http://www.flickr.com/photos/2516481...7604952053071/

Comment

[QUOTE=Sheraton;47401612]I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

To answer your question about where it fits and what it adds? I already have a Strat and a 335 type (Sheraton). This fills the gap in between. I've wanted a P90 guitar for a long time. My first electric was a 65 Gibson SG Jr. and I've wanted that sound back in my arsenal for a while. That's why I was looking at the cheap Gibsons, but after looking at the fit and finish they were just too rough for me. Plus, this PRS is light, balances well and is a dream to play. The fit and finish is great. At this price it isn't a guitar that I need to baby so I can leave it out, pick it up whenever, take it with me on trips, play it on the couch, whatever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sheraton;47401612]I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

To answer your question about where it fits and what it adds? I already have a Strat and a 335 type (Sheraton). This fills the gap in between. I've wanted a P90 guitar for a long time. My first electric was a 65 Gibson SG Jr. and I've wanted that sound back in my arsenal for a while. That's why I was looking at the cheap Gibsons, but after looking at the fit and finish they were just too rough for me. Plus, this PRS is light, balances well and is a dream to play. The fit and finish is great. At this price it isn't a guitar that I need to baby so I can leave it out, pick it up whenever, take it with me on trips, play it on the couch, whatever.

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...80025000003000

Gibson is making it hard to resist!
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...80025000003000

Gibson is making it hard to resist!
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'd grab one of these $599 Gibsons that are still on sale if you don't have them. http://www.samash.com/opencms/opencm...s/gibson-deals

I'm tempted by the Firebird Studio, but I already have the '70s Trib SG with those mini-hums and a Firebird V. Most of the rest of that stuff, I do have
                            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

I'd grab one of these $599 Gibsons that are still on sale if you don't have them. http://www.samash.com/opencms/opencm...s/gibson-deals

I'm tempted by the Firebird Studio, but I already have the '70s Trib SG with those mini-hums and a Firebird V. Most of the rest of that stuff, I do have
                              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

OT: I'm about to trade my 70's Tribute LP for a Joe Strummer Tele. Having spent $500 on the Gibson, I think it's an equitable trade, possibly leaning slightly in my favor

If I didn't just score a Goldtop Deluxe, there'd be no way I'd be letting the Tribute go, however...

Comment

Working...
                                X