Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have $600 (inc tax or shipping) to spend on an electric guitar. What do you buy?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Those are both very pretty ^^^

I wish I could find a Gibson V for under $600.
    Please take a moment to check out my podcast, Two Average Dicks. Thank you.

Comment

Bluesairmen guitars, Westland, MI, has a worn Cherry V for $550 used, right now. Google them and call em up!
      Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Bluesairmen guitars, Westland, MI, has a worn Cherry V for $550 used, right now. Google them and call em up!
        Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Zzounds still has some LP Jr. Specials for $549 :http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLSH
          This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Zzounds still has some LP Jr. Specials for $549 :http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLSH
            This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

With the remaining $350 I'd look for a used AC15CC1 or a Blues Junior NOS.

Comment

I was looking at the $500-$600 Gibsons and was very underwhelmed by the fit and finish on every one that I picked up. So I picked up this used off of craigslist for $250.

With the remaining $350 I'd look for a used AC15CC1 or a Blues Junior NOS.

Comment

I already have a bazillion Strats, but if I didn't I'd save a few more bucks and get a 2012 American Standard with the Fat '50s pickups. Then after a while I'd put a brown tort guard on it and it would look about like this ...

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                  Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

I already have a bazillion Strats, but if I didn't I'd save a few more bucks and get a 2012 American Standard with the Fat '50s pickups. Then after a while I'd put a brown tort guard on it and it would look about like this ...

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

^ yup that is dead sexy
                      strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

^ yup that is dead sexy
                        strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Amputation
                          View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar. What would you buy? Why would you buy it? How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I missed all of the Gibson blowouts. I sad.

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

What would I buy... Why would I buy it

ESP LTD 400-500 series... Built well with good electronics and hardware, including Grover tuners, EMG or Duncan pups.

or

PRS SE model guitars... the pups are much better on the latest models in comparison to the first series of SE's. Still not Duncan's or DiMarzio's, but better than most cheap stock pups. Both of these ranges of guitars have many different finishes to choose from to suit almost anybody's taste. I have an ESP EC400vf and a friend of mine has on the PRS SE's and both had a near perfect setup out-of-the-box!!

How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I don't understand the question...
                          ESP LTD EC-400vf (Gibson 496R/500T)PRS SE Santana (Santana III Bass/Treble)AXL Badwater SRO (GFS OW Liverpool/Duckbucker/JB)Mitchell MD-100SCEPeavey Vypyr 100http://www.flickr.com/photos/2516481...7604952053071/

Comment

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar. What would you buy? Why would you buy it? How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I missed all of the Gibson blowouts. I sad.

Sub-$600 Gibbys

Did you actually try out any of the sub-$600 Gibson's??? You didn't miss anything. They felt, and sounded like CRAP! imho

What would I buy... Why would I buy it

ESP LTD 400-500 series... Built well with good electronics and hardware, including Grover tuners, EMG or Duncan pups.

or

PRS SE model guitars... the pups are much better on the latest models in comparison to the first series of SE's. Still not Duncan's or DiMarzio's, but better than most cheap stock pups. Both of these ranges of guitars have many different finishes to choose from to suit almost anybody's taste. I have an ESP EC400vf and a friend of mine has on the PRS SE's and both had a near perfect setup out-of-the-box!!

How would it fit into your already-too-big collection of guitars?

I don't understand the question...
                            ESP LTD EC-400vf (Gibson 496R/500T)PRS SE Santana (Santana III Bass/Treble)AXL Badwater SRO (GFS OW Liverpool/Duckbucker/JB)Mitchell MD-100SCEPeavey Vypyr 100http://www.flickr.com/photos/2516481...7604952053071/

Comment

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar.

Never mind what I'd buy...I've checked my email several times and contacted paypal. They claim to have no record of you sending me the $600

Comment

View Post

You have $600 (including shipping and/or tax) to spend on a new electric guitar.

Never mind what I'd buy...I've checked my email several times and contacted paypal. They claim to have no record of you sending me the $600

Comment

Working...
                                X