I HATED Modelling Amps, Then There's Fender's Mustang.

Bbreaker

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker View Post
I've never had "hate" for them.

Quite some time ago I bought this one -

big.jpg
which was regarded as the best modeling amp to come down the pike (AD60VTX)]

Followed by a Tech 21 Trademark 30 and most of the SansAmp Character series pedals thumb.gif
and more recently I added the Mustang I and Yamaha THR10.

I'm somewhat tempted to add the Mustang III for our local neighborhood gigs.

But they still don't quite make it to the level of "the real thing", but they're good for practice and in a mix they not only hold their own but offer that versatility on tap.

Collect them all!

he_who_dies_with_the_most_toys_wins_post

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker View Post
I've never had "hate" for them.

Quite some time ago I bought this one -

big.jpg
which was regarded as the best modeling amp to come down the pike (AD60VTX)]

Followed by a Tech 21 Trademark 30 and most of the SansAmp Character series pedals thumb.gif
and more recently I added the Mustang I and Yamaha THR10.

I'm somewhat tempted to add the Mustang III for our local neighborhood gigs.

But they still don't quite make it to the level of "the real thing", but they're good for practice and in a mix they not only hold their own but offer that versatility on tap.

Collect them all!

he_who_dies_with_the_most_toys_wins_post

• Members

I've been using the 'Stang III for a while now, in a stereo configuration with a Vox AC15c1. Nice combination of modeling and classic tube amp. In fact when I turn off the Mustang and run the AC15 in mono it sounds kind of thin and one dimensional now. The Stand adds some lower end that the Vox lacks. Really good amps for not a lot of $.

• Members

I've been using the 'Stang III for a while now, in a stereo configuration with a Vox AC15c1. Nice combination of modeling and classic tube amp. In fact when I turn off the Mustang and run the AC15 in mono it sounds kind of thin and one dimensional now. The Stand adds some lower end that the Vox lacks. Really good amps for not a lot of $.

• Members

The Mustang II has been on my list for quite a while now, I should check that off soon. I wouldn't mind if for a few reasons. It would make a nice small gig amp and really lighten my load. I am hauling a 2x12, a pedal board, small amp/head unit and a guitar. It takes at least two trip to get it all inside. I was also looking at it for the USB interface capabilities. I don't always have the pleasure of being able to set up a mic and crank it. The headphone jack is a big plus. I haven't owned an amp in years that was equipped with one and late at night I when I have the urge it would be nice to rock out without disturbing anyone. Plus if I have an old 12" Celestion kicking around that I can experiment with.
The demo vids sound great and they seem to get high praise around here.

• Members

The Mustang II has been on my list for quite a while now, I should check that off soon. I wouldn't mind if for a few reasons. It would make a nice small gig amp and really lighten my load. I am hauling a 2x12, a pedal board, small amp/head unit and a guitar. It takes at least two trip to get it all inside. I was also looking at it for the USB interface capabilities. I don't always have the pleasure of being able to set up a mic and crank it. The headphone jack is a big plus. I haven't owned an amp in years that was equipped with one and late at night I when I have the urge it would be nice to rock out without disturbing anyone. Plus if I have an old 12" Celestion kicking around that I can experiment with.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat View Post
If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat View Post
If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.

Archived