Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATED Modelling Amps, Then There's Fender's Mustang.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
    View Post

If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.

Sweet thanks!

I was wondering if it would cut it or not. For what I am using it for right now I think the II would work. However if I were to add a few more members to the group, especially a drummer. I would be kicking myself for not getting something a little bigger.

They have a used Mustang IV downtown here for a good price. I might take a look at that. Overall size and weight might scare me back to only one speaker but we will see.
    Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I got a Mustang I a couple of years ago, didn't dig it, and left it in the corner for about a year. Then I got the bright idea to hook it up to my laptop and start messing with the advanced settings, and it came alive. The stock presets all suck but if you get into editing them (especially the Sag and Bias, which are critical), the payoff is huge.
      Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

I got a Mustang I a couple of years ago, didn't dig it, and left it in the corner for about a year. Then I got the bright idea to hook it up to my laptop and start messing with the advanced settings, and it came alive. The stock presets all suck but if you get into editing them (especially the Sag and Bias, which are critical), the payoff is huge.
        Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat
          View Post

Sweet thanks!

I was wondering if it would cut it or not. For what I am using it for right now I think the II would work. However if I were to add a few more members to the group, especially a drummer. I would be kicking myself for not getting something a little bigger.

They have a used Mustang IV downtown here for a good price. I might take a look at that. Overall size and weight might scare me back to only one speaker but we will see.

Fwiw, size wise, the III is not much bigger than the II, and just a bit heavier. The IV is quite a jump on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160
          View Post

Yeah, you absolutely have hit the presets and change them. The stock tones are usable, but not great.
          --
          Wagdog
          Check out Lunar Commander on:
          iTunes App Store
          Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
          iTunes App Store
          Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
          - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat
            View Post

Sweet thanks!

Fwiw, size wise, the III is not much bigger than the II, and just a bit heavier. The IV is quite a jump on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160
            View Post

Yeah, you absolutely have hit the presets and change them. The stock tones are usable, but not great.
            --
            Wagdog
            Check out Lunar Commander on:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
            - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Still love my MIII - the Fender presets in the 90s preset range are killer.

I will also agree that when you start tweaking, be SURE to adjust the sag and bias - they make all the difference in the world.
              This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Still love my MIII - the Fender presets in the 90s preset range are killer.

I will also agree that when you start tweaking, be SURE to adjust the sag and bias - they make all the difference in the world.
                This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

I have a Roland Micro Cube and it sounds great to me for practice and recording with headphones or line-out, although the speaker really blows. I like the simplicity of the RMC, but I haven't tried a Mustang or other modeling amps (other than a Peavey and a Line 6 UX1 interface). It seems like most complaints about the RMC are based on the speaker. How does the Mustang series compare to the Micro Cube in terms of tone?

Comment

I have a Roland Micro Cube and it sounds great to me for practice and recording with headphones or line-out, although the speaker really blows. I like the simplicity of the RMC, but I haven't tried a Mustang or other modeling amps (other than a Peavey and a Line 6 UX1 interface). It seems like most complaints about the RMC are based on the speaker. How does the Mustang series compare to the Micro Cube in terms of tone?

Comment

The Yamaha THR10 is the amp that changed my mind about modeling.

Outstanding!!!
                      “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                      -Rachel Carson-

Comment

The Yamaha THR10 is the amp that changed my mind about modeling.

Outstanding!!!
                        “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                        -Rachel Carson-

Comment

I just got a Mustang 2, and the clean sounds on it are amazing. I'm still playing with it.
                          Guitars:
                          Too many to list, many Carvin's and friends.

Comment

I just got a Mustang 2, and the clean sounds on it are amazing. I'm still playing with it.
                            Guitars:
                            Too many to list, many Carvin's and friends.

Comment

I've never been that impressed with my Mustang I. I like the THR5 much better.
                              No sig.

Comment

I've never been that impressed with my Mustang I. I like the THR5 much better.
                                No sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X