Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATED Modelling Amps, Then There's Fender's Mustang.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by mistersully
    View Post

dude... get a kemper profiling amp... nothing else on the market can touch it... i've spent a fair bit of time with the eleven rack.... while it's a cool product, the kemper wipes the floor with it

It doesn't "wipe the floor" with an axe fx II! Get a life!

Comment

View Post

dude... get a kemper profiling amp... nothing else on the market can touch it... i've spent a fair bit of time with the eleven rack.... while it's a cool product, the kemper wipes the floor with it

It doesn't "wipe the floor" with an axe fx II! Get a life!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
        View Post

I give the Kemper and the AxeFX equal marks, but the next step down is a big one, although still usable like the Mustang and a fraction of the price.

i absolutely agree the mustang is cool... i didn't mention the kemper in relation to the mustang, just the eleven rack... and specifically to Gas Man, who i know buys a lot of gear

i don't however give the axefx and the kemper equal marks... not for guitar tones that sound (and feel) like guitar amps... i believe the kemper to be way ahead

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
          View Post

I give the Kemper and the AxeFX equal marks, but the next step down is a big one, although still usable like the Mustang and a fraction of the price.

i absolutely agree the mustang is cool... i didn't mention the kemper in relation to the mustang, just the eleven rack... and specifically to Gas Man, who i know buys a lot of gear

i don't however give the axefx and the kemper equal marks... not for guitar tones that sound (and feel) like guitar amps... i believe the kemper to be way ahead

Comment

Hmmm, I'm getting a bit confused, when the arguments about the axe fx II come in here. But I take it either one is better, but they are both quite a bit more than the $699 for the Eleven Rack. Am I to infer that the Mustang amp provides much of what the Eleven Rack provides? I would think the Eleven Rack would be better than that, but OTOH, I haven't run it through anything but its own combo system so far.

But yeah, I could possibly be persuaded to pulling the plug on my 11 R order.

Thanks for the comments.
            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm getting a bit confused, when the arguments about the axe fx II come in here. But I take it either one is better, but they are both quite a bit more than the $699 for the Eleven Rack. Am I to infer that the Mustang amp provides much of what the Eleven Rack provides? I would think the Eleven Rack would be better than that, but OTOH, I haven't run it through anything but its own combo system so far.

But yeah, I could possibly be persuaded to pulling the plug on my 11 R order.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

View Post

Okay, that comment came in while I was typing. That helps my bit of confusion that gets going there. And hopefully, next year I'll be the lean mean GAS Man and go on a gear diet. Either that or get myself committed.

Comment

View Post

Okay, that comment came in while I was typing. That helps my bit of confusion that gets going there. And hopefully, next year I'll be the lean mean GAS Man and go on a gear diet. Either that or get myself committed.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                    View Post

i'll jump out because i don't mean to jack the thread... my intention was to be helpful, and see you save your money in the long term... over the last few years i spent a lot of money on amps... a lot ... since getting the kemper i have no interest at all in amps...all my tube amps are gone... it's everything i need, especially for recording

i'll get some clips up soon

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                      View Post

i'll jump out because i don't mean to jack the thread... my intention was to be helpful, and see you save your money in the long term... over the last few years i spent a lot of money on amps... a lot ... since getting the kemper i have no interest at all in amps...all my tube amps are gone... it's everything i need, especially for recording

i'll get some clips up soon

Comment

I couldn't get into my M I, and sold it. For modelling, I prefer to use Amplitube 3 or Scuffham amps. Since I am not gigging at this point, this is fine for me. For actual playing out, I have a BOSS GT10 (which is up in a cupboard) a Peavey Classic 30 (which is down in the cellar) and a Blackheart Killer Ant (which rarely gets used).
                        “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

Comment

I couldn't get into my M I, and sold it. For modelling, I prefer to use Amplitube 3 or Scuffham amps. Since I am not gigging at this point, this is fine for me. For actual playing out, I have a BOSS GT10 (which is up in a cupboard) a Peavey Classic 30 (which is down in the cellar) and a Blackheart Killer Ant (which rarely gets used).
                          “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

Comment

What do you guys run these Axe Fx II's and Kempers into? Power monitors? Cabs? I'm curious.
                            MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

Comment

What do you guys run these Axe Fx II's and Kempers into? Power monitors? Cabs? I'm curious.
                              MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                                View Post

If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.

Sweet thanks!

I was wondering if it would cut it or not. For what I am using it for right now I think the II would work. However if I were to add a few more members to the group, especially a drummer. I would be kicking myself for not getting something a little bigger.

They have a used Mustang IV downtown here for a good price. I might take a look at that. Overall size and weight might scare me back to only one speaker but we will see.
                                Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Working...
                                X