Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I HATED Modelling Amps, Then There's Fender's Mustang.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mustang floor is going for about $175 now. thinking about grabbing one myself.
    SPAM: Buy my eBook, "Beginning Electric Guitar Design". $4.99 and available at:
    Lulu Edition
    Kindle Edition
    iTunes iBookstore
    Nook Edition

Comment

the mustang floor is going for about $175 now. thinking about grabbing one myself.
      SPAM: Buy my eBook, "Beginning Electric Guitar Design". $4.99 and available at:
      Lulu Edition
      Kindle Edition
      iTunes iBookstore
      Nook Edition

Comment

Other than Tech21 NYC products, I also have always hated modelers. Then I bought the Yamaha THR10. It's the exception for me; I still don't care for the Mustang.

Different strokes...

Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Other than Tech21 NYC products, I also have always hated modelers. Then I bought the Yamaha THR10. It's the exception for me; I still don't care for the Mustang.

Different strokes...

Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

I've been using the 'Stang III for a while now, in a stereo configuration with a Vox AC15c1. Nice combination of modeling and classic tube amp. In fact when I turn off the Mustang and run the AC15 in mono it sounds kind of thin and one dimensional now. The Stand adds some lower end that the Vox lacks. Really good amps for not a lot of $.

Comment

I've been using the 'Stang III for a while now, in a stereo configuration with a Vox AC15c1. Nice combination of modeling and classic tube amp. In fact when I turn off the Mustang and run the AC15 in mono it sounds kind of thin and one dimensional now. The Stand adds some lower end that the Vox lacks. Really good amps for not a lot of $.

Comment

The Mustang II has been on my list for quite a while now, I should check that off soon. I wouldn't mind if for a few reasons. It would make a nice small gig amp and really lighten my load. I am hauling a 2x12, a pedal board, small amp/head unit and a guitar. It takes at least two trip to get it all inside. I was also looking at it for the USB interface capabilities. I don't always have the pleasure of being able to set up a mic and crank it. The headphone jack is a big plus. I haven't owned an amp in years that was equipped with one and late at night I when I have the urge it would be nice to rock out without disturbing anyone. Plus if I have an old 12" Celestion kicking around that I can experiment with.

The demo vids sound great and they seem to get high praise around here.
                Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

The Mustang II has been on my list for quite a while now, I should check that off soon. I wouldn't mind if for a few reasons. It would make a nice small gig amp and really lighten my load. I am hauling a 2x12, a pedal board, small amp/head unit and a guitar. It takes at least two trip to get it all inside. I was also looking at it for the USB interface capabilities. I don't always have the pleasure of being able to set up a mic and crank it. The headphone jack is a big plus. I haven't owned an amp in years that was equipped with one and late at night I when I have the urge it would be nice to rock out without disturbing anyone. Plus if I have an old 12" Celestion kicking around that I can experiment with.

Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat
                    View Post

If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.
                    --
                    Wagdog
                    Check out Lunar Commander on:
                    iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                    iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                    - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat
                      View Post

If you're planning on gigging with it, you might want to get a III.

I have a II, and use it for late night jamming (just like you mentioned above). I plug the output of my computer sound into the aux, plug the headphones into the amp, and jam away to backing tracks, record direct w/the usb, whatever - it's awesome for that.

I did play it w/a band rehearsal in my basement, but chickened out taking it to an actual gig - just didn't think it would be loud enough.

The III, at 100w, should cut it at a small sized club.
                      --
                      Wagdog
                      Check out Lunar Commander on:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

I had a 1 for a while that was pretty good. I did eventually just stop trying to get an 'at-home' amp and instead bought a USB interface and a decent set of headphones; I'm quite a bit happier with this setup.

Comment

I had a 1 for a while that was pretty good. I did eventually just stop trying to get an 'at-home' amp and instead bought a USB interface and a decent set of headphones; I'm quite a bit happier with this setup.

Comment

I had a Vox Valvetronix VT40+ and a Fender Super Champ XD (that most people rave about), that I sold. Not sure why I wasn't happy with them, but love the Mustang? Maybe it is as simple as the Mustang nailing the AC/DC tone out of the box with it's Aussie Rock preset. I have also had fun creating a couple of my own presets. Maybe in a year I will be looking for something different. Who knows.

I also have a Yamaha THR-5 that is a lot of fun for what it is.

Comment

I had a Vox Valvetronix VT40+ and a Fender Super Champ XD (that most people rave about), that I sold. Not sure why I wasn't happy with them, but love the Mustang? Maybe it is as simple as the Mustang nailing the AC/DC tone out of the box with it's Aussie Rock preset. I have also had fun creating a couple of my own presets. Maybe in a year I will be looking for something different. Who knows.

I also have a Yamaha THR-5 that is a lot of fun for what it is.

Comment

Funny...Wife bought me a Mustang one last year for Xmas and I have not been real satisfied with it. It appears that it is not the amp but the player in my case as Justin made it sound real good.
                                Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Working...
                                X