Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show your offbrand vintage cheapos!(sears, airline, harmony ECT...)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone
    View Post

Red Western Auto Truetones and Black Sears Silvertone

I'm pretty sure that's the design the Champs got their guitars from.
    Guitars:
    - Gibson Les Paul Standard '85
    - Fender MIJ '52 Esquire
    - 50s Homebuilt Tele
    - Baritone Tele

Basses:

- Rickenbacker 4001 '64
    - Gibson Grabber
    - Gibson G3

Amps:
    - Marshall 1965B
    - Peavey 2x10
    - Sunn 200S

Comment

Supro/Tonemaster Rhythm Tone

Harmony Rebel

Harmony Stratotone & a Kay w/Kleenex Box pup

1977 Antoria LP copy

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
      is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
      go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
      I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
      A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

lol.. basically guitars that use a U-shaped bar as a string retainer.
        MY MUSIC! Cosmonaut Cabrera

Current gear: FV Stevens electric (Manilas finest!), Fender Mustang 1, Line6 pocket pod and an Ibanez nylon string acoustic/electric

2/23/2010 - Never Forget

Comment

70's Hondo LP Style

Mandatory Gear List:
          Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
          /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
          /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
          Band Site:
          http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski
            View Post

$159.00 Les Paul Copy

$129.00 ES335 Copy

$400.00 Explorer Copy

MY $203.00 PRS Copy

Crap Load of Copies

Vintage?
            I puked last night after eating a volcano taco and drinking vodka. I felt like a ****************ing dragon.

Originally Posted by arrowhen

I figure I've only got about $200 worth of talent, so anything I spend over that is just wasted beer money.

Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

I think the most interesting facet of this entire topic is that more people seem to like Ed Roman than BG76.. Out dickheading Ed Roman - man, that takes some serious skill..

Comment

vintage Cheapo's already!
              Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarSlim101
                View Post

Love those Airline's
                LAST TIME I GAVE A ****************...I GOT ****************ED!!!

Originally Posted by Sneaky6

Please do not try to introduce common sense to these guys. These are the same guys who own 12 five thousand dollar amps and play concerts in their bedrooms to their Steve Vai posters and stuffed animals

Originally Posted by Strings74

God do I miss the days when I'd buy my drugs from immigrant Italians.

Good guys to deal with:
                koti123, HOMER308

Comment

Ok, no vintage electric, but here's what I have (had):

teisco bass:

And I don't have my own photo handy, but I have a checkmate acoustic (on the left):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140125227805
                  Mine:
                  AS-820
                  AL-2800 blue quilt
                  60's(?) Checkmate acoustic (restrung lefty)
                  Schecter Stiletto Studio 4

MOTGLHC

Comment

Late 60s/early 70s Welson (Italian brand, they use to build for Vox too): my dad's guitar, now in my possession...

"Rock'n'roll is about sweat. If you look at U2, they don't sweat much. But Chuck Berry, he sweats like a mother****************er!" Bob Log III

Comment

I need to get one...But I can't find any!!! That airline...
                      MAKING ALL THE LESBIANS SCREAM
                      GOOD TRADES WITH- thefragile103, TechBrother, BrianPhase90, BiggSteve777

Originally Posted by zachary vex

There's no time like the past.

Comment

[QUOTE=bgmacaw;22621625]Global SG Jr (sorta)

Zombie thread, arise!

I was searching for any info I could find on my old Global, and I came across this thread. I have exactly the same model. I bought it from a classmate of mine (or rather my dad bought it for me) when I was 13 years old. It was my very first guitar, and after taking lessons for about a year, my dad could see that I was really serious about it and he bought me a used Peavey T-60. I wish I still had that T-60, but I do still have the Global. For one thing, I have an attachment to it because it was my very first guitar. But also, I never thought of selling it because I was never that desperate for tens of dollars. It has some chips around the edges of the vintage clown burst body, but the original tuners still function on mine. It's actually disassembled right now because I decided to give it a thorough cleaning. I haven't even had strings on it since I was about 15 years old (so about 28 years ago). The only problem, other than some chips and scratches, is that the pick-guard (which still has the ornamental silk screening all the way around) is a bit warped. But I think I'll give it a fret job, change the pots and cap, and probably cut a new nut to replace the crappy plastic nut, and actually play it again. I think that the first time I play it again, I should turn it around and play it left handed, just to remind myself what it was like the first time I ever held a guitar in my hands.
                        You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
                        Frank Zappa

Comment

Crap pic, but a freakin' sweet guitar. LOVE it for recording.

Sounds like no other. Best part is... I traded a Keeley Rat for it. Straight up. I love to flip guitars, but this one will never leave my little collection.
                          Please take a moment to check out my podcast, Two Average Dicks. Thank you.

Comment

'66 Kay Speed Demon

Comment

Working...
                            X