happy new Orange Amp day....

joecool1963

• Members

I bought one yesterday (see other thread). Today I made a cab. Someone had given me a broken Orange Crush 15 that wasn't worth repairing. So I gutted it and threw in an 8" JBL 40W 8ohm speaker. Instant open back Orange cab. It sounds good and is very portable. I'm really digging this little amp. Contrary to what others have posted I've found it to take pedals very well. Tried Rat and Swollen Pickle with good results, but OD of Orange MT is pretty good on it's own.

IM000751.jpg

• Members

I bought one yesterday (see other thread). Today I made a cab. Someone had given me a broken Orange Crush 15 that wasn't worth repairing. So I gutted it and threw in an 8" JBL 40W 8ohm speaker. Instant open back Orange cab. It sounds good and is very portable. I'm really digging this little amp. Contrary to what others have posted I've found it to take pedals very well. Tried Rat and Swollen Pickle with good results, but OD of Orange MT is pretty good on it's own.

IM000751.jpg

• Members

Yeah, in that other thread, I also said I thought mine takes pedals well. So far the only dirt pedal I put thru it was the Fulltone OCD, but it worked well.

I also posted in the other thread that I bought 3 last July, one for the stepson's graduation from his Masters party, one for my son for X-mas, and one for me biggrin.gif

They are fun amps.

I was thinking that today (since I have mine out now finally - waited to get the other ones surprise gifted out first) that I might compare it against my Vox Night Train. I imagine there will be lots of dissimilarities but I do think that for "bang for the buck" the MT has an advantage going into the shootout.

But yeah, "interactive controls" is a big part of the fascination with my experience so far with the lower end Orange amps I've bought. The other one I have is the Crush Pix 35 and that's also a fave of mine. I was totally surprised how great the cleans are on that amp.

• Members

Yeah, in that other thread, I also said I thought mine takes pedals well. So far the only dirt pedal I put thru it was the Fulltone OCD, but it worked well.

I also posted in the other thread that I bought 3 last July, one for the stepson's graduation from his Masters party, one for my son for X-mas, and one for me biggrin.gif

They are fun amps.

I was thinking that today (since I have mine out now finally - waited to get the other ones surprise gifted out first) that I might compare it against my Vox Night Train. I imagine there will be lots of dissimilarities but I do think that for "bang for the buck" the MT has an advantage going into the shootout.

But yeah, "interactive controls" is a big part of the fascination with my experience so far with the lower end Orange amps I've bought. The other one I have is the Crush Pix 35 and that's also a fave of mine. I was totally surprised how great the cleans are on that amp.

Archived