My short-lived NGD...

NinjaModder

• Members

Well after waiting 10 days for my new "dream" guitar to ship from California to my house, I was quite disappointed. I love non-reverse Firebirds and since I sold off a lot of my collection for the sake of simplicity, I figured I would splurge a bit on something I have always wanted! After ordering, I was told it would be shipping from the Guitar Center out in Hollywood since it was apparently the last one in the system (in sunburst at least) among GC, MF, and M123. I originally wanted Pelham Blue, but it was listed with baked maple, unlike the sunburst model. Well to my surprise, which wasn't really much a surprise after researching it after ordering, it came with the infamous baked maple fret board. Plus my fears of buying a guitar straight from a Guitar Center floor also came true. The headstock had a chip out of the side as well as nicks on the top. Scrapes along the side of the body too. The guitar sounded alright. The switching was cool and all with coil taps and out of phase. The neck was a bit wide for my liking. Just wasn't worth the 1000+ dollars I spent on it. So within an hour of opening the box today, I returned it to my Guitar Center. Ended up ordering a nicely price matched Gibson Melody Maker Special and a Green Vox AC4 to match my AC15, along with extra money back in my pocket.

img0175dp.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
I'm pretty sure the blow-out Firebirds were the Faded 70's models.
Yeah. It was only the faded tributes. Not the non reversed models. I should of just picked one of those up, but I need something with P90s! Hopefully this will hold me over! tongue.gif

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H78035.003_satin_yello

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
I'm pretty sure the blow-out Firebirds were the Faded 70's models.
Yeah. It was only the faded tributes. Not the non reversed models. I should of just picked one of those up, but I need something with P90s! Hopefully this will hold me over! tongue.gif

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H78035.003_satin_yello

• Members

Did they even offer to give you a discount? If they knocked, say, 15% off, I would not consider the nicks a dealbreaker if it sounds and plays nice. I still kick myself or not buying a new Epi Ultra from my local GC that had a chunk taken out of the neck, but was about 40% off ...

• Members

Did they even offer to give you a discount? If they knocked, say, 15% off, I would not consider the nicks a dealbreaker if it sounds and plays nice. I still kick myself or not buying a new Epi Ultra from my local GC that had a chunk taken out of the neck, but was about 40% off ...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC

View Post

When I ordered it they pricematched it to what SamAsh had it listed as. They wouldn't go any lower on it. I tried getting an extra 15% off but they said they couldn't do it. Plus the people who work at my local GC probably won't see the nicks and scrapes as anything. I doubt they can even tell the difference between rosewood and baked maple...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC

View Post

When I ordered it they pricematched it to what SamAsh had it listed as. They wouldn't go any lower on it. I tried getting an extra 15% off but they said they couldn't do it. Plus the people who work at my local GC probably won't see the nicks and scrapes as anything. I doubt they can even tell the difference between rosewood and baked maple...

Archived