Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure the blow-out Firebirds were the Faded 70's models.

Comment

Comment

Mojo Sent...
        "Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!
        Proud DOA Member
        PpP
        Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Comment

Mojo Sent...
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!
          Proud DOA Member
          PpP
          Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly
            View Post

Yeah. It was only the faded tributes. Not the non reversed models. I should of just picked one of those up, but I need something with P90s! Hopefully this will hold me over!

Guitars: Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen
            Amps: Vox AC4, Vox AC15, Harmony H205, Silvertone 1430, Gibson G10

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly
              View Post

Yeah. It was only the faded tributes. Not the non reversed models. I should of just picked one of those up, but I need something with P90s! Hopefully this will hold me over!

Guitars: Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen

Comment

Did they even offer to give you a discount? If they knocked, say, 15% off, I would not consider the nicks a dealbreaker if it sounds and plays nice. I still kick myself or not buying a new Epi Ultra from my local GC that had a chunk taken out of the neck, but was about 40% off ...

Comment

Did they even offer to give you a discount? If they knocked, say, 15% off, I would not consider the nicks a dealbreaker if it sounds and plays nice. I still kick myself or not buying a new Epi Ultra from my local GC that had a chunk taken out of the neck, but was about 40% off ...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC
                    View Post

When I ordered it they pricematched it to what SamAsh had it listed as. They wouldn't go any lower on it. I tried getting an extra 15% off but they said they couldn't do it. Plus the people who work at my local GC probably won't see the nicks and scrapes as anything. I doubt they can even tell the difference between rosewood and baked maple...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC
                      View Post

When I ordered it they pricematched it to what SamAsh had it listed as. They wouldn't go any lower on it. I tried getting an extra 15% off but they said they couldn't do it. Plus the people who work at my local GC probably won't see the nicks and scrapes as anything. I doubt they can even tell the difference between rosewood and baked maple...

Comment

Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Funny thing... Baked maple has actually become a selling point for me as I've never actually been much of a fan of rosewood. LOL
                        Mazi Bee Militia!
                        JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                        PpP
                        My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

Funny thing... Baked maple has actually become a selling point for me as I've never actually been much of a fan of rosewood. LOL
                          Mazi Bee Militia!
                          JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                          PpP
                          My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD
                            View Post

Yeah... I don't mind it I guess. But I wanted rosewood on my firebird, it does't look right without it (or maybe its just me being crazy). The guitar I ordered in its place has the baked maple board, just does't cost nearly as much as the firebird. I figure that if I can get a similar guitar (slab of mahogany with p90s and a baked maple board) for a lot less, it was worth not keeping. But baked maple isn't bad. I have played a lot of guitars without even noticing the difference. But if Gibson didn't like it enough to blow out all their models with it, I'm definitely not going to pay full price for a model that has it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD
                              View Post

Yeah... I don't mind it I guess. But I wanted rosewood on my firebird, it does't look right without it (or maybe its just me being crazy). The guitar I ordered in its place has the baked maple board, just does't cost nearly as much as the firebird. I figure that if I can get a similar guitar (slab of mahogany with p90s and a baked maple board) for a lot less, it was worth not keeping. But baked maple isn't bad. I have played a lot of guitars without even noticing the difference. But if Gibson didn't like it enough to blow out all their models with it, I'm definitely not going to pay full price for a model that has it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by omni
                                View Post

I thought they were blowing them out for 500 bucks?

I think those were the tributes with mini buckers
                                "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

Working...
                                X