Music123 - excellent service

wagdog

• Members

I know there has been some negative stuff posted about m123 and their price matches, so I wanted to report my positive experiences with them.

First off all, they have price matched EVERY ITEM I've asked them for.

Most recently I did a PM on some JJ 12ax7's and EL84's with tubedepot.com.

M123 came through quickly with a price match, and I ordered from them. 3x12ax7's and 2x matched sets of el84's.

Tubes arrived quickly and I installed one set of el84's in my blues jr. Immediately upon turning the amp on, one of the el84's glowed brightly, then dimmed. I've seen this before, usually on tubes that are about to die. A couple seconds later, the tube popped loudly, glowed brightly, then died. It happens. Checked the screen resistors and plate diodes, then used the other set, worked fine, no issues whatsoever.

Called m123, told them about the tube, the rep put me on hold for a minute, came back and told me a new set would be sent out and don't worry about sending the old ones back.

A few days later I put the 12ax7's in the amp. After about 20 minutes, one of them started cracking and popping. Tried reseating it, nope. Tried it in another amp, it's bad. Put an old one in the blues jr, amp is fine, call m123, same deal, new tube sent out, throw the other one away.

Excellent service music123 - thank you and thank you for all the other PM's and great deals over the holiday season. thumb.gif

And just to contrast; I like tubedepot.com a lot, but I had a 12ax7 go bad from them (the glass literally split in two), and they had me send the tube back (on my dime) before they sent a replacement.

• Members

That's good news...and in fairness, I noticed them improving over the course of December.

Strangely, my dissatisfaction with M123 was over an amp...I purchased a Fender '57 Tweed Deluxe re-issue from them in November of 2011 which they shipped without the cover. It took multiple emails, several calls and 11 months before one finally showed up unannounced. I was honestly about to ship the amp back to them and file a claim with my credit card company.

Sorry to tarnish your thread with a negative story. I honestly hope they keep their {censored} together, stay in business and continue to pricematch...I, for one WANT to give them my business and really want to be satisfied with their service...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

That's good news...and in fairness, I noticed them improving over the course of December.

Strangely, my dissatisfaction with M123 was over an amp...I purchased a Fender '57 Tweed Deluxe re-issue from them in November of 2011 which they shipped without the cover. It took multiple emails, several calls and 11 months before one finally showed up unannounced. I was honestly about to ship the amp back to them and file a claim with my credit card company.

Sorry to tarnish your thread with a negative story. I honestly hope they keep their {censored} together, stay in business and continue to pricematch...I, for one WANT to give them my business and really want to be satisfied with their service...

I totally understand your frustration, that shouldn't have happened.

They seem to be hit or miss. I'm not discounting that people have had issues with them... but my experiences with m123 have been great.

Archived