Duff's book hardcover $3.99

magentaplacenta

• Members

I've read Duff and Slash's books. They are both pretty good.

It's pretty interesting reading about what was going on in GnR as they self destructed. It was pretty much exactly as I imagined it as it was happening. Axl was on a power trip and everyone else was too strung out to do anything about it.

The weirdest part is how they both go out of their way to not say anything bad about Axl.

• Members

It's pretty interesting reading about what was going on in GnR as they self destructed. It was pretty much exactly as I imagined it as it was happening. Axl was on a power trip and everyone else was too strung out to do anything about it.

The weirdest part is how they both go out of their way to not say anything bad about Axl.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by skibob View Post

I think they're both weary of doing anything to "damage" a possible reunion.

• Members

I think they're both weary of doing anything to "damage" a possible reunion.

• Members

Steven Adler didn't hold back. He said he has always been the sort of person that would confront people if they were being a dick and said he was the only one at the time that had a go at Axl for his dickness. But said he and Axl got along ok because Axl appreciated his honesty even if it wasn't always good. He described Slash as being too shy to ever cause a scene when Axl was on one of his power trips and said no one came in to bat for him when Axl wanted him out, and he felt really let down by Slash(who he'd know since about 13). But he also praises them both a lot too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by w00dsy

View Post

Steven Adler didn't hold back. He said he has always been the sort of person that would confront people if they were being a dick and said he was the only one at the time that had a go at Axl for his dickness. But said he and Axl got along ok because Axl appreciated his honesty even if it wasn't always good. He described Slash as being too shy to ever cause a scene when Axl was on one of his power trips and said no one came in to bat for him when Axl wanted him out, and he felt really let down by Slash(who he'd know since about 13). But he also praises them both a lot too.

Steven Adler did so many drugs he had multiple strokes and talks with a speech impediment. Do you think a guy like hat has a clear memory of what was happening during that time?

Archived