Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you mess up your ears by playing half step down? or...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you mess up your ears by playing half step down? or...

or it doesn't matter because if you weren't born in perfect pitch, you are not going to have it anyway?

wut?

Comment

wut?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Jeff
        View Post

wut?

Ditto
        "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
        Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Jeff
          View Post

wut?

Ditto
          Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

You will mess up everything by tuning a half step down

Comment

You will mess up everything by tuning a half step down

Comment

No - you may get used to the positions on the guitar giving you a certain pitch but if you miss, you ear will tell you and you can make the one fret adjustment easily enough.

Please explain "born in perfect pitch"

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

No - you may get used to the positions on the guitar giving you a certain pitch but if you miss, you ear will tell you and you can make the one fret adjustment easily enough.

Please explain "born in perfect pitch"

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

But seriously I play 1/2 step down, and when I switch to e standard it's no issues for me as far as my ear or losing position or whatever.
                    Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

But seriously I play 1/2 step down, and when I switch to e standard it's no issues for me as far as my ear or losing position or whatever.
                      Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

How do I into transposition and/or other instruments?
                        Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

How do I into transposition and/or other instruments?
                          Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

I'm not sure perfect pitch is exactly aligned with E standard tuning on a guitar.
                            No sig.

Comment

I'm not sure perfect pitch is exactly aligned with E standard tuning on a guitar.
                              No sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X