Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Gibson Bought Any Gear Companies And Made Them Better Than They Were Originally?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Gibson Bought Any Gear Companies And Made Them Better Than They Were Originally?

    .....or were they just buying to stifle the competition?
    i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.
    __________________

  • #2
    maybe they'll buy Fender sometime this year
    .

    Comment


    • #3
      maybe they'll buy Fender sometime this year
      .

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
        View Post

        maybe they'll buy Fender sometime this year




        They fubar'd OMI (Dobro); Epiphone; Kramer and Spector.
        i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.
        __________________

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
          View Post

          maybe they'll buy Fender sometime this year




          They fubar'd OMI (Dobro); Epiphone; Kramer and Spector.
          i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.
          __________________

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker
            View Post

            They fubar'd OMI (Dobro); Epiphone; Kramer and Spector.




            If anything, Kramer is much better now than it was before their purchase. However, I do agree the company is still miles away from its former glory.
            Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

            Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

            Comment


            • #7
              In fairness, all the companies you mentioned are "better", I'm assuming...if by better, you mean more profiitable. Epiphone, however, really doesn't make "better" instruments(unless you're talking the high-dollar MIA stuff)...
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                No.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think They did quite alot to add to Epiphone's Legacy.










                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XhQRFO4M7A
                  One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
                  Three chords and you're into jazz
                  - Lou Reed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cant see how Kramer is doing better than it was back in its 80's heyday when Eddie was rocking them...if you mean cause of Gibson their still alive..i guess but dosent Kramer only make a handful of models now?
                    "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
                    Sir Thomas Beecham

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone
                      View Post

                      I think They did quite alot to add to Epiphone's Legacy.







                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XhQRFO4M7A




                      I'm not sure. Epi now is nowhere near as good as in the past.

                      Gibson treated things differently back then vs since Henry has owned them.

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Pariah
                        View Post

                        I'm not sure. Epi now is nowhere near as good as in the past.

                        Gibson treated things differently back then vs since Henry has owned them.




                        Norlin bought Gibson in '69 and introduced Japanese Epiphone models in 1970, 16 years before the current ownership group bought the company. Epi's success has always been tied to the ownership group of the time. if anything, it's a more successful company now than at any time in the past 60 years.
                        The Common Sense Mets Fan

                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Valley Arts would be a "no" as well...
                          >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Pariah
                            View Post

                            I'm not sure. Epi now is nowhere near as good as in the past.

                            Gibson treated things differently back then vs since Henry has owned them.




                            I'm not sure I understood the original question but by legacy I just meant most of the iconic Epiphone guitars like the Casino and all the solid bodies(Coronet,Wiltshire,Olympic,Crestwood etc) were all created after Gibson bought Epiphone.
                            One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
                            Three chords and you're into jazz
                            - Lou Reed

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The take over of Garrison Guitar company went okay.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X