Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD/Distortion pedal recommandations

I hate the OD/Dist on my Line6 HD500. Everything else is I like, so I am in the market for either a dual pedal or 2 pedals to run with my DRRI, which has NO OD. I am looking for OD that is touch senstive. I finger pick some licks on quite a few songs during verses that I like somewhat clean, then dirtier on chorus. I like the AC sound. As for DiStortion I love the Plexi sound. The last pedal I owned before being an idiot and selling was MI Audio crunch Box. Then the 2 together you can get a boosted lead sound. Here are some I would like to know your opinion.

GFS Twin Drive

VS Jeckyll and Hyde

Fulltone Full Drive 2

Carl Martins Plexitone & The AC version (although it is priced a little out of my budget)

Any other ideas welcomed

Thanks
    My Gear

Les Paul Studio Deluxe
    Gretsch G3140
    Ibanez AM93
    Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI
    Line 6 HD500
    Alvarez Yairi DY40
    Fender American Special P bass

Im a strong supporter of the good ol Ibanez TS9....and for the $ the Boss SD1 aint bad.
    "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
    Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

Im a strong supporter of the good ol Ibanez TS9....and for the $ the Boss SD1 aint bad.
      "The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought"
      Sir Thomas Beecham

Comment

http://circusfreakmusic.com/?product...verdrive-pedal

Their pedals sound great and it's a new company run by people who know what they are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNPqRg_NQc
        Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness

SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.

Comment

http://circusfreakmusic.com/?product...verdrive-pedal

Their pedals sound great and it's a new company run by people who know what they are doing.

Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness

SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.

Comment

Joyo Ultimate-drive $40

I have a ton of dirt pedals under my bed

Good luck
            Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
            1st generation Irish

Comment

Joyo Ultimate-drive $40

I have a ton of dirt pedals under my bed

Good luck
              Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
              1st generation Irish

Comment

To be honest, I've bought and returned all those you mentioned, with the exception of the GFS. I like the GC-exclusive T-Rex Yellow Drive for OD/Distortion flavors. I don't know if it gives you a Vox sim on one side and a Marshall sim on the other - I play it through a Vox, and it still sounds like Voxy drive with that pedal. It may not do what you're looking for. However, if you're mainly interested in the pedals you mentioned, I may not be of any help, since my preferences are too different from yours.
                Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

To be honest, I've bought and returned all those you mentioned, with the exception of the GFS. I like the GC-exclusive T-Rex Yellow Drive for OD/Distortion flavors. I don't know if it gives you a Vox sim on one side and a Marshall sim on the other - I play it through a Vox, and it still sounds like Voxy drive with that pedal. It may not do what you're looking for. However, if you're mainly interested in the pedals you mentioned, I may not be of any help, since my preferences are too different from yours.
                  Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

ocd or joyo ultimate drive.

stuff:
                    52RI Tele
                    Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                    more stuff:
                    65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                    Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

ocd or joyo ultimate drive.

stuff:
                      52RI Tele
                      Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                      more stuff:
                      65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                      Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

I have the Plexitone and it's an outstanding pedal for what it does, classic rock distortion. It's not much of an overdrive pedal though. I'd go with a TS'ish style pedal as an od to go along with it - I use an old Vox Valvetone, but the world is full of clones

Comment

I have the Plexitone and it's an outstanding pedal for what it does, classic rock distortion. It's not much of an overdrive pedal though. I'd go with a TS'ish style pedal as an od to go along with it - I use an old Vox Valvetone, but the world is full of clones

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Boss SD-1 if you're feeling traditional. If you want to go boutique on a budget, I suggest Noisemaker Effects.
                            I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Boss SD-1 if you're feeling traditional. If you want to go boutique on a budget, I suggest Noisemaker Effects.
                              I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X