Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

OD/Distortion pedal recommandations

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD/Distortion pedal recommandations

I hate the OD/Dist on my Line6 HD500. Everything else is I like, so I am in the market for either a dual pedal or 2 pedals to run with my DRRI, which has NO OD. I am looking for OD that is touch senstive. I finger pick some licks on quite a few songs during verses that I like somewhat clean, then dirtier on chorus. I like the AC sound. As for DiStortion I love the Plexi sound. The last pedal I owned before being an idiot and selling was MI Audio crunch Box. Then the 2 together you can get a boosted lead sound. Here are some I would like to know your opinion.

GFS Twin Drive

VS Jeckyll and Hyde

Fulltone Full Drive 2

Carl Martins Plexitone & The AC version (although it is priced a little out of my budget)

Any other ideas welcomed

Thanks
    <div class="signaturecontainer">My Gear<br />
    <br />
    Les Paul Studio Deluxe<br />
    Gretsch G3140 <br />
    Ibanez AM93<br />
    Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI<br />
    Line 6 HD500<br />
    Alvarez Yairi DY40<br />
    Fender American Special P bass</div>

Im a strong supporter of the good ol Ibanez TS9....and for the $ the Boss SD1 aint bad.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought&quot;<br />
    Sir Thomas Beecham</div>

Comment

Im a strong supporter of the good ol Ibanez TS9....and for the $ the Boss SD1 aint bad.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought&quot;<br />
      Sir Thomas Beecham</div>

Comment

http://circusfreakmusic.com/?product...verdrive-pedal

Their pedals sound great and it's a new company run by people who know what they are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNPqRg_NQc
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness <br />
        <br />
        SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.</div>

Comment

http://circusfreakmusic.com/?product...verdrive-pedal

Their pedals sound great and it's a new company run by people who know what they are doing.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions: MrSandMan, pete n.,fuzzball, 6StrngStrangler, Bob Doom, EdgeOfDarkness <br />
          <br />
          SPAM:Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. 60watt head with 2 channels. 4x12 cab with celestian v30's. Great shape. $500 local pickup only in West Michigan.</div>

Comment

Joyo Ultimate-drive $40

I have a ton of dirt pedals under my bed

Good luck
            Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
            1st generation Irish

Comment

Joyo Ultimate-drive $40

I have a ton of dirt pedals under my bed

Good luck
              Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
              1st generation Irish

Comment

To be honest, I've bought and returned all those you mentioned, with the exception of the GFS. I like the GC-exclusive T-Rex Yellow Drive for OD/Distortion flavors. I don't know if it gives you a Vox sim on one side and a Marshall sim on the other - I play it through a Vox, and it still sounds like Voxy drive with that pedal. It may not do what you're looking for. However, if you're mainly interested in the pedals you mentioned, I may not be of any help, since my preferences are too different from yours.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

To be honest, I've bought and returned all those you mentioned, with the exception of the GFS. I like the GC-exclusive T-Rex Yellow Drive for OD/Distortion flavors. I don't know if it gives you a Vox sim on one side and a Marshall sim on the other - I play it through a Vox, and it still sounds like Voxy drive with that pedal. It may not do what you're looking for. However, if you're mainly interested in the pedals you mentioned, I may not be of any help, since my preferences are too different from yours.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

ocd or joyo ultimate drive.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

ocd or joyo ultimate drive.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                      <br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

I have the Plexitone and it's an outstanding pedal for what it does, classic rock distortion. It's not much of an overdrive pedal though. I'd go with a TS'ish style pedal as an od to go along with it - I use an old Vox Valvetone, but the world is full of clones

Comment

I have the Plexitone and it's an outstanding pedal for what it does, classic rock distortion. It's not much of an overdrive pedal though. I'd go with a TS'ish style pedal as an od to go along with it - I use an old Vox Valvetone, but the world is full of clones

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Boss SD-1 if you're feeling traditional. If you want to go boutique on a budget, I suggest Noisemaker Effects.
                            I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Boss SD-1 if you're feeling traditional. If you want to go boutique on a budget, I suggest Noisemaker Effects.
                              I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X