NGD But Should I send it back?

lespaulist

• Members

So I just got a new Gibson es-335. I have two cosmetic issues with the guitar and I am wondering if I should send it back for another one. I have a picture of the first issue below:
photo_bridge.jpg

The second issue is on the back and it looks like a small bit of stain was misapplied. Would you send the guitar back for another one?

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As yourself these questions:

Does it play well?

Does it sound good?

Is there a reason it's important that it be cosmetically perfect?

Is the guitar to be used for playing music or appreciated as a piece of furniture?

Would you ever pay extra for a deliberately "reliced" guitar?

• Members

Does it play well?

Does it sound good?

Is the guitar to be used for playing music or appreciated as a piece of furniture?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by onelife View Post

Does it play well?

Does it sound good?

I like how this man things.

I mean, the guitar will get played, no?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by onelife View Post

Does it play well?

Does it sound good?

I like how this man things.

I mean, the guitar will get played, no?

• Members

I do agree with the above sentiments...the bottom line-if you love it and you think the flaws are no big deal, then by all means keep it. If not, you should definitely return it. But even if the flaws are easily remedied, I'd still recommend contacting the retailer-they may refund a portion of the selling price as reimbursement for repairs(or for selling you a scratched-n-dented guitar).

• Members

I do agree with the above sentiments...the bottom line-if you love it and you think the flaws are no big deal, then by all means keep it. If not, you should definitely return it. But even if the flaws are easily remedied, I'd still recommend contacting the retailer-they may refund a portion of the selling price as reimbursement for repairs(or for selling you a scratched-n-dented guitar).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
The guitar will definitely be played. My only concern is that by paying this much for the guitar I just thought these types of things would have been caught.

It is 1963 RI Es-335. I have spent 1/10th of the price on guitars and noticed any issues like this. However, I just wonder if some of this is part of the "handmade" process.

The guitar plays well. The intonation is off but I suppose that is because it was shipped.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
The guitar will definitely be played. My only concern is that by paying this much for the guitar I just thought these types of things would have been caught.

It is 1963 RI Es-335. I have spent 1/10th of the price on guitars and noticed any issues like this. However, I just wonder if some of this is part of the "handmade" process.

The guitar plays well. The intonation is off but I suppose that is because it was shipped.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist View Post
So I just got a new Gibson es-335. I have two cosmetic issues with the guitar and I am wondering if I should send it back for another one. I have a picture of the first issue below:
photo_bridge.jpg

The second issue is on the back and it looks like a small bit of stain was misapplied. Would you send the guitar back for another one?

Thanks
Really???

"Whats wrong with people these days".................. facepalm.gif

8248621149_82a8317159_b.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist View Post
photo_bridge.jpg

Thanks
Really???

"Whats wrong with people these days".................. facepalm.gif

8248621149_82a8317159_b.jpg

Archived