Ric modification complete

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by krish

View Post

Nice! I wouldn't change my Ric 360 for the world, but it's nice to see people modifying Rics, not something you see every day. Good to hear its sounding how you want it to!

if i had the 360, then the blend knob would actually work properly. alas, mono output neuters it's capability making it redundant.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by krish

View Post

Nice! I wouldn't change my Ric 360 for the world, but it's nice to see people modifying Rics, not something you see every day. Good to hear its sounding how you want it to!

if i had the 360, then the blend knob would actually work properly. alas, mono output neuters it's capability making it redundant.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJM

View Post

I'm trading my MG 360 for a JG 330 in about an hour and a half...

I'm pretty excited.

Funny...I acquired my current 360 in a trade for a 330. I couldn't bond with the 330, and now I'm stuck with a 360 I'm not crazy about. All of this has led me to conclude that the problem isn't Rickenbacker guitars, but me. I just don't dig 'em frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJM

View Post

I'm trading my MG 360 for a JG 330 in about an hour and a half...

I'm pretty excited.

Funny...I acquired my current 360 in a trade for a 330. I couldn't bond with the 330, and now I'm stuck with a 360 I'm not crazy about. All of this has led me to conclude that the problem isn't Rickenbacker guitars, but me. I just don't dig 'em frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

i've done two things in the past year that really made mine come alive. the first was going from 10s to 11s. now this mod. the combination has transformed an instrument that i was dissatisfied with because it seemed like it should be better than it was. well, now it is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

i've done two things in the past year that really made mine come alive. the first was going from 10s to 11s. now this mod. the combination has transformed an instrument that i was dissatisfied with because it seemed like it should be better than it was. well, now it is.

• Members

I have a 650 that needed some wiring help as well. I found the mini-hums were a bit muddy, middy and indistinct. I wired the tone pots as spin-a-splits, changed the bridge volume to a blend and the neck volume to a master volume and couldn't be happier. Now I can dial in pretty much everything I need from bright and jangly to balls out rock/metal. They are great instruments but may need seasoning to taste.

• Members

I have a 650 that needed some wiring help as well. I found the mini-hums were a bit muddy, middy and indistinct. I wired the tone pots as spin-a-splits, changed the bridge volume to a blend and the neck volume to a master volume and couldn't be happier. Now I can dial in pretty much everything I need from bright and jangly to balls out rock/metal. They are great instruments but may need seasoning to taste.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru

View Post

the thing that bugs me most about Rics is that people cry heresy when you go to mod them. they're great playing and sounding instruments. but a couple of simple mods and they're beasts. the bridge pickup now has almost as much treble as my telecaster. i always said that this Ric didn't jangle. it sure does now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru

View Post

the thing that bugs me most about Rics is that people cry heresy when you go to mod them. they're great playing and sounding instruments. but a couple of simple mods and they're beasts. the bridge pickup now has almost as much treble as my telecaster. i always said that this Ric didn't jangle. it sure does now.

Archived