Sam Ash Used Gear Site

larryguitar

• Members

Never seen it before, but it's pretty comprehensive. Not the best prices though. What I find interesting is looking at the Epiphone models, they have the older Standard LP models hardly discounted at all, yet they have some used Tribute models that are higher end instruments with Gibson components in them, for less $, plus they include a case. Maybe they don't know what they have, or something else.

• Members

Never seen it before, but it's pretty comprehensive. Not the best prices though. What I find interesting is looking at the Epiphone models, they have the older Standard LP models hardly discounted at all, yet they have some used Tribute models that are higher end instruments with Gibson components in them, for less $, plus they include a case. Maybe they don't know what they have, or something else.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Yeah, I've found Sam Ash pretty confused on used pricing; I once bought a MIJ ESP strat with Duncans and an OFR, with a case, for $250 because they seemed to think all ESP's were LTD's...in fact I just got a Jackson MIJ DKMG with EMG's and a flight case for $250 at the store in Lombard, Il. But then I've seen them price Squiers for more than new?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Yeah, I've found Sam Ash pretty confused on used pricing; I once bought a MIJ ESP strat with Duncans and an OFR, with a case, for $250 because they seemed to think all ESP's were LTD's...in fact I just got a Jackson MIJ DKMG with EMG's and a flight case for $250 at the store in Lombard, Il. But then I've seen them price Squiers for more than new?

• Members

They are totally clueless and quite bullheaded actually when it comes to used guitar prices. My local Sam Ash had a regular used MIM Strat on the wall listed as a Deluxe model for $599. I mentioned it to at least a half dozen salesholes over the course of about 3 months, every one of them said "I'll fix it". I finally lost it and called corporate while standing in the store. Who picked up the phone at corporate? Mr. Ash, the CEO. I hung around and watched while the manager removed the guitar from the wall and fixed it. I was duly impressed.

• Members

They are totally clueless and quite bullheaded actually when it comes to used guitar prices. My local Sam Ash had a regular used MIM Strat on the wall listed as a Deluxe model for $599. I mentioned it to at least a half dozen salesholes over the course of about 3 months, every one of them said "I'll fix it". I finally lost it and called corporate while standing in the store. Who picked up the phone at corporate? Mr. Ash, the CEO. I hung around and watched while the manager removed the guitar from the wall and fixed it. I was duly impressed.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar View Post
Little bit of Finesse and you could get those right off-no problem.
lmao

do you think they'd drop the price to $18,000? OTOH, it might be worth it if they'd agree to find and get Clarence Clemons to autograph it, tooidea.gif

• Members
Little bit of Finesse and you could get those right off-no problem.
lmao

do you think they'd drop the price to $18,000? OTOH, it might be worth it if they'd agree to find and get Clarence Clemons to autograph it, tooidea.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
lmao

Oooh, think of the smell. You think cat pee in a case is bad, try get dead sax player off a guitar....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
lmao

Oooh, think of the smell. You think cat pee in a case is bad, try get dead sax player off a guitar....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
That's pretty funny.

I think the used part of the site is less than a year old. I've been looking at it off and on. They seem to be somewhat realistic with their prices. The only thing that bummed me out is I went in to see a Fender amp once and some jerkhead had stolen a component from the store and they were waiting for a replacement to come in because the amp was unusable. I should have called first.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
That's pretty funny.

I think the used part of the site is less than a year old. I've been looking at it off and on. They seem to be somewhat realistic with their prices. The only thing that bummed me out is I went in to see a Fender amp once and some jerkhead had stolen a component from the store and they were waiting for a replacement to come in because the amp was unusable. I should have called first.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bbreaker View Post
GC's used site has price drops after a few weeks.
Does the SA site do this too?
Don't know, Lou, as I just found it. I will say that SA has been pretty flexible with used prices when I actually waved money at them, so if there's something you want it might be worth an inquiry.

• Members
Don't know, Lou, as I just found it. I will say that SA has been pretty flexible with used prices when I actually waved money at them, so if there's something you want it might be worth an inquiry.
The used SA site is worth looking into.
I use GC's used site very often.......especially when I can bundle in a qualifying item to get special financing.
Other people's money works well.smile.gif
Helped finance 2 of my Trussarts.

Archived