X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Ash Used Gear Site

As someone who enjoys browsing the Guitar Center used site and the Music-Go-Round site, I have to admit I didn't realize Sam Ash had a comparable site with all their used gear.

Am I late to the party, or is this something new?
    LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Never seen it before, but it's pretty comprehensive. Not the best prices though. What I find interesting is looking at the Epiphone models, they have the older Standard LP models hardly discounted at all, yet they have some used Tribute models that are higher end instruments with Gibson components in them, for less $, plus they include a case. Maybe they don't know what they have, or something else.

Comment

Never seen it before, but it's pretty comprehensive. Not the best prices though. What I find interesting is looking at the Epiphone models, they have the older Standard LP models hardly discounted at all, yet they have some used Tribute models that are higher end instruments with Gibson components in them, for less $, plus they include a case. Maybe they don't know what they have, or something else.

Comment

Thanks for that. I love shopping used gear.
        Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Thanks for that. I love shopping used gear.
          Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
            View Post

Yeah, I've found Sam Ash pretty confused on used pricing; I once bought a MIJ ESP strat with Duncans and an OFR, with a case, for $250 because they seemed to think all ESP's were LTD's...in fact I just got a Jackson MIJ DKMG with EMG's and a flight case for $250 at the store in Lombard, Il. But then I've seen them price Squiers for more than new?
            LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by IRG
              View Post

Yeah, I've found Sam Ash pretty confused on used pricing; I once bought a MIJ ESP strat with Duncans and an OFR, with a case, for $250 because they seemed to think all ESP's were LTD's...in fact I just got a Jackson MIJ DKMG with EMG's and a flight case for $250 at the store in Lombard, Il. But then I've seen them price Squiers for more than new?

Comment

They are totally clueless and quite bullheaded actually when it comes to used guitar prices. My local Sam Ash had a regular used MIM Strat on the wall listed as a Deluxe model for $599. I mentioned it to at least a half dozen salesholes over the course of about 3 months, every one of them said "I'll fix it". I finally lost it and called corporate while standing in the store. Who picked up the phone at corporate? Mr. Ash, the CEO. I hung around and watched while the manager removed the guitar from the wall and fixed it. I was duly impressed.
                I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

They are totally clueless and quite bullheaded actually when it comes to used guitar prices. My local Sam Ash had a regular used MIM Strat on the wall listed as a Deluxe model for $599. I mentioned it to at least a half dozen salesholes over the course of about 3 months, every one of them said "I'll fix it". I finally lost it and called corporate while standing in the store. Who picked up the phone at corporate? Mr. Ash, the CEO. I hung around and watched while the manager removed the guitar from the wall and fixed it. I was duly impressed.
                  I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

http://used.samashmusic.com/item.php?id=21449

Comment

http://used.samashmusic.com/item.php?id=21449

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                        View Post

Little bit of Finesse and you could get those right off-no problem.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                          View Post

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar
                            View Post

lmao

do you think they'd drop the price to $18,000? OTOH, it might be worth it if they'd agree to find and get Clarence Clemons to autograph it, too

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar
                              View Post

lmao

do you think they'd drop the price to $18,000? OTOH, it might be worth it if they'd agree to find and get Clarence Clemons to autograph it, too

Comment

Working...
                              X