Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musician

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...214634001.html

I feel seriously bad for the guy, I used to check in my guitar with just "Soft Case" for 5 years and the only damage I got was just minor scratch on the soft case and one small dent on one of my guitar. But I guess I'll switch to hard case from now on.

BTW Cathay Pacific did a terrific job with checked-in musical instruments.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><i><font color="Blue">Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.</font></i></b> <br />
    <br />
    <b><font color="Red">Member Of The €piphone Empire </font></b></div>

My worst nightmare would be a serious hand injury. Guitars can be replaced.

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF
        View Post

That's a very good point. I do feel for the guy here and I'd be really bummed if that happened to me but yeah, there are worse things.
        http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

View Post

That's a very good point. I do feel for the guy here and I'd be really bummed if that happened to me but yeah, there are worse things.
          http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

I feel sick.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin</font></div>

Comment

View Post

^^This. At least now he can purchase a 335 that has a BM fretboard, which in 30 years will be worth way more!
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Gear</b><br>1996 Strat deluxe, Schecter TSH-1, Squire standard Strat, Dearmond M65-C, Blues JR, Crate VC20, Bugera V5. Vox Time Machine, Keeley mod DS1, Wampler Euphoria, Vox wah.<br></div>

Comment

The tone is pretty flat
                <div class="signaturecontainer">From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums</div>

Comment

My worst nightmare would be either a bad hand injury or lose my hearing. As was said, a guitar can be replaced.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Comment

It is fairly stupid not to have it in a proper flight case. I had a Gibson with one of those cases, and the case is pretty much worthless against any serious impact. I'm sorry his guitar was smashed and it is bad that baggage handlers treat stuff so, but their disregard for the belongings they handle is well known and he should have planned for it. Not the way it ought to be, but when you know that people will mistreat your instrument it's foolish not to plan based on it

Comment

Forumite's worst nightmare: seeing the same thread four times with three different titles.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- <b>Two Cow Garage</b></font><br />
                      <br />
                      Yes, I can actually play: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/falstaff.music?sk=app_155326481208883" target="_blank">Falstaff</a></div>

Comment

It wasn't United Airlines, was it?
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Comment

dude should have bought a seat for the guitar
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="Blue">✡</font></font></div></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by D Carroll
                            View Post

dude should have bought a seat for the guitar

He tried but they refused him it. That is apparently what he normally does.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><u>Guitars:</u></b> Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen<br />
                            <b><u>Amps:</u></b> Vox AC4, Vox AC15, Harmony H205, Silvertone 1430, Gibson G10</div>

Comment

Sympathies to the dude, but if I had a '65, I'd leave it home, and travel with an Epi or something. In a proper case.

Comment

Working...
                              X