Why haven't you bought a baritone yet?

docjeffrey

• Members

(If you have one, just sort of ignore the thread title).

If you missed out on the Gibson LP Studio Baritone, you will probably have to wait about 16 years for it to return. In the meantime, there are some very cool baritones out there. If you own one, let us know how it sounds and plays.

Here's a song that I wrote and recorded that features three baritone parts using a Marshall handwired 18 watter and a DSL combo for the two dirty parts. I normally have it tuned down to B, but this song might be in B#--I can't remember. I posted this last summer, but I've reworked the drums/mix/mastering.

Cruisin' by Jeff Bauer featuring a Les Paul Studio Baritone

Cruisin' by Jeff Bauer featuring a Les Paul Studio Baritone downloadable zip file

And, of course, the obligatory photos.

bar2.jpg

bar4.jpg

bar5.jpg

bar6.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

They're cool sounding guitars, but I think they'd have limited applications. I'm thinking about getting down to three guitars or so, and I don't think a baritone would make the cut.

Of the 12 songs on the album that I recorded last year, the baritone appears on 5 of them. Robb Flynn uses a baritone on pretty much everything Machine Head does these days.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

They're cool sounding guitars, but I think they'd have limited applications. I'm thinking about getting down to three guitars or so, and I don't think a baritone would make the cut.

Of the 12 songs on the album that I recorded last year, the baritone appears on 5 of them. Robb Flynn uses a baritone on pretty much everything Machine Head does these days.

Archived